Freightdog whif kit suggestion sought

Started by Freightdog862, June 11, 2010, 03:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 14, 2010, 06:40:03 AM
Already on sale Lee ----

http://www.heritageaviationmodelsltd.com/hawker-p1052--1081-643-p.asp

And Whirlybird' Whirlykit range does a very nice P.1121

Its the old maintrack one.  The original plan by whirlybird was to re do all the project X vac forms in resin, with the Bristol 188 being the first. A few were done by Heritage, then whirlybird and Heritage fell out. The master was done by cloning the vac form sheet.  I was given the original slab mould from Heritage to play with after it fell into the hands of one of our lads.

Heritage has long since changed hands and it would appear that they are now back in cahoots with each other
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Freightdog862

Looking at the pictures of the resin P.1081, and the vac (which I have), they both appear to be based on the Airfix Seahawk, which does not appear to have the correct circular cross section, and the wing to fuselage fairing on the upper surface does not go high (or curved) enough. I did go so far as get quotes from Anigrand about two years ago for this, but they were too high, exchange was rubish and then heard Heritage had one on the go. I am keen to revisit that one again (Mike McEvoy was digging our various RAAF decal idea for me at the time!).
Colin

Glenn Gilbertson

How about:
P.1091 Delta-wing Hunter conversion
Westland Delanne Design "B"
Rotodyne "Y" - I have 1/72 plans if that would help!
Foreign "muck":
F-4 (FVS) swing-wing Phantom
Lockheed Lancer
Grumman Super Tiger

Good luck with the choices :thumbsup:

Mossie

Avro 730.  Guess it doesn't quite fit within the size stipulation..... :o
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

JayBee

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 14, 2010, 07:43:03 AM
Vacform or resin?  The former is horrid - I had one and quickly got rid of it.  PM me with your address, Jim.  I'll see what I can find by way of resin bits so you can tart it up a bit. 

It is the resin one that I have got.

Thanks anyway Lee.

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

deathjester

How about the Swordfish nuclear fighter plane from 'Le secret d' Espadon'?  That is exceedingley cool! :tornado:

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hobbes

Quote from: Mossie on June 17, 2010, 12:16:34 AM

and there's already a 1:144 one on the market (Fantastic Plastic, iirc).

Martin H

ever get the feeling that you have opened a pandoras box Colin?
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

Quote from: Hobbes on June 17, 2010, 12:39:32 PM

Yeah, but it's fifty quid so i won't be able to afford one any time soon.  That said, I wouldn't be able to afford a 1/72 kit!  It wasn't really a serious suggestion, just throwing it into the melting pot.  It'd be an impressive model, nearly 70cm long in 1/72 with a wing span approaching 30cm & touted purely because I had Project Cancelled in front of me at the time.

kitnut617

Quote from: Mossie on June 17, 2010, 03:05:32 PM
Quote from: Hobbes on June 17, 2010, 12:39:32 PM

Yeah, but it's fifty quid so i won't be able to afford one any time soon.  That said, I wouldn't be able to afford a 1/72 kit!  It wasn't really a serious suggestion, just throwing it into the melting pot.  It'd be an impressive model, nearly 70cm long in 1/72 with a wing span approaching 30cm & touted purely because I had Project Cancelled in front of me at the time.

I was trying to convince Renaud over at Sharkit to do one in 1/72, half vacuform and half resin, maybe we should bug him a bit ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Nick

Lockheed Have Blue.
Can you do a Northrop YF-17 cheaper and better than Anigrand? Is it worth it?
Douglas F6D Missileer.

Any of the pre-Eurofighter mockups would be great for me!

Hobbes

I'm sure I've seen Have Blue in 1:72 somewhere...

oz rb fan

Weaver

Might have been done, but anyway:

Foreign Muck: any/all of the other NBMR-1 contenders, such as the Avro 727, Breguet Taon (various versions), Aefer Ariete/Saggitario.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones