Main Menu

Model A Viper

Started by sotoolslinger, June 14, 2010, 06:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: sotoolslinger on July 29, 2010, 06:50:09 AM
I will definitely be there. I have to work about 12 hours every day but heck who needs sleep.

Thats the spirit!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

noxioux

Sorry toolslinger, I'm having a hard time finding a screenshot of that antique viper.  But the episode is #7, "The Long Patrol", the original series.  It's also the one where Starbuck has the speed-enhanced but unarmed Viper with an AI built into it.

Someone built one here:http://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=315.  I'll have to bust out the DVD's and take a second look.  I think the one on the show was significantly different.

Like I said, yours is better.  And I'm not just butterin' you up. . . :thumbsup:

sotoolslinger

Thanks y'all   :wub: Nox Neato link. I actually remember that episode from when I was a little un but don't own TOS  :banghead: :banghead:
:banghead:
I figured this design out strictly on the basic shapes of a Viper. Open nose, 3 engines, cockpit right in front of a big ol intake in the middle /back third o the ship  :wacko:
I had the idea in my head since I decided to build Vipers :o :blink:
Blame Cthulhu for giving me the upper engine parts :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

Almost ready for the Nats

Working on weathering and loadout tonight :thumbsup: :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

Cool as...... :thumbsup: :wub:

Why's it got two Danish engines though? ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

trekaddict

And the Pilot's Family descends from the Dutch East Indies?    ;D

noxioux

I looks like a Chris Foss version of the Viper, now you got it all painted up like that.  Sexy.