Question about Matchbox kits

Started by rickshaw, June 14, 2010, 06:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

It would be nice to see the Wellesley, like the recent Heyford release.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

I'd like to see some of their ship kits repopped - HMS Tiger, Exeter, etc. would be very welcome, as I keep getting sniped on ebay.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

proditor

Quote from: pyro-manic on June 14, 2010, 12:52:29 PM
I'd like to see some of their ship kits repopped - HMS Tiger, Exeter, etc. would be very welcome, as I keep getting sniped on ebay.
I'd love it if anyone did a plastic Exeter in 1/700.

Mossie

I think Weaver would like to see some of the Motorbike kits re-released, the Vincent Black Shadow comes to mind.  I think they have been released before under the Revell label some time ago.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

Quote from: proditor on June 14, 2010, 12:54:56 PM

They did do one - PK-162. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Nick

I think that a lot of the moulds were in China and kits shipped around the world, part of the process that made China an economic power with cheap labour etc.
I know that many of my Matchbox cars have 'Made in Macau' on the base which is why I think this.

http://www.matchboxkits.org/ has the full story and explains why the kits still came from China after the Europe side ended. How many of us have got re-issue Hawk 200s from Hong Kong recently? ;D

I'm sure that the last few Matchbox kits were actually Revell moulds especially the Tornado.

Which HMS Exeter are you after? The WW2 heavy cruiser or the Falklands Type 42 destroyer? -_-

chrisonord

I would love to get my hands on a few Skyknights as I have missed a few on ebay that went for balloonatic money. I think they make good electronic warfare platforms with minimal modification, like a mini EA-6.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

proditor

Quote from: pyro-manic on June 14, 2010, 01:31:30 PM
Quote from: proditor on June 14, 2010, 12:54:56 PM

They did do one - PK-162. :)
My apologies, I should have said "another one".  I keep getting sniped on the Matchbox Exeter and it's fostered bitterness.  ;)

Ed S

Quote from: chrisonord on June 14, 2010, 04:11:30 PM
I would love to get my hands on a few Skyknights as I have missed a few on ebay that went for balloonatic money. I think they make good electronic warfare platforms with minimal modification, like a mini EA-6.
Chris.

Actually, some of them were modified into EF-10 versions.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Green Dragon

I want the HS 125-600 to come out again but tell Revell to add an extra sprue for -700 engines!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

The Wooksta!

I'm surprised no one has done a set of new resin engines for either the Airfix or Matchbox HS125.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: Mossie on June 14, 2010, 01:07:09 PM
I think Weaver would like to see some of the Motorbike kits re-released, the Vincent Black Shadow comes to mind.  I think they have been released before under the Revell label some time ago.

Strangely enough, I've never been that keen on motorbike kits (too busy playing with the real thing), but yes, as a service to the public, the Vincent should certainly be re-released. :thumbsup:

I think they did a BMW R100RS as well didn't they? That's a historically significant bike: first production bike to have a wind-tunnel designed fairing.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Green Dragon

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 15, 2010, 08:26:13 AM
I'm surprised no one has done a set of new resin engines for either the Airfix or Matchbox HS125.

I've thought about it Wooksta but my scratch-fu is lacking! Somebody on Britmodeller was doing a set but I don't know if he finnished them.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

Quote from: Weaver on June 15, 2010, 09:13:51 AM
Strangely enough, I've never been that keen on motorbike kits (too busy playing with the real thing), but yes, as a service to the public, the Vincent should certainly be re-released. :thumbsup:

I think they did a BMW R100RS as well didn't they? That's a historically significant bike: first production bike to have a wind-tunnel designed fairing.

Yep, along with a Harley Davidson FLH 1200 & Suzuki RGA 500

NARSES2

And of course Airfix did the Ariel Arrow. Loved it when it came out in 1963 , only motorbike kit I've ever built, only motorbike ever owned  ;D Had a Lambretta once though, until me and a mate took it apart and had half a dozen parts left over when we rebuilt it, apparently that wasn't meant to happen  ;D :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.