Meercat Army AFV

Started by Radish, June 14, 2010, 12:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

The Schleich Meercats are 57mm tall, while a group is also moulded (4 together) and the heads could well be cut off and fixed on uniformed 1/35th figures?
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

I see what you mean about the Tamiya Panzer II, Nev.
I had about 30 minutes building it before the football tonight (France v Mexico) and got the lower hull and running gear together, and then, bored with the football after 25 minutes, made the rest of the hull. I need to add something to the lower hull interior, the floor, to hide what's there and add interest and texture. This'll be kitchen towel, a heavily embossed type, that'll be soaked in white glue and added before bedtime. Drying overnight, I can paint it black before putting the upper and lower hull halves together. Then the "fun" can begin....extras, stowage, and whatever is needed for Meercat reconnaisance.

This will be a "Meerkitten Type 36 Model 2", of the Vitali Devision.

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on June 17, 2010, 12:57:58 PM
Then the "fun" can begin....extras, stowage, and whatever is needed for Meercat reconnaisance.

Strap a bbq on the back so they can grill their scorpions and other assorted bugs  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 18, 2010, 01:11:29 AM
Then the "fun" can begin....extras, stowage, and whatever is needed for Meercat reconnaisance.

Strap a bbq on the back so they can grill their scorpions and other assorted bugs  ;D

Or on the "chickens in crates" principle, get/make some model bugs and put them in cages on the back as "fresh supplies".... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on June 18, 2010, 01:17:38 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 18, 2010, 01:11:29 AM

Strap a bbq on the back so they can grill their scorpions and other assorted bugs  ;D

Or on the "chickens in crates" principle, get/make some model bugs and put them in cages on the back as "fresh supplies".... :wacko:

He'll do it you know  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

cthulhu77

Then you have to make a Steppe Eagle ground attack fighter to combat the  :tank:

nev

Quote from: Weaver on June 18, 2010, 01:17:38 AM

Genius.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Radish

Even better than crates....ready impaled for the kebabs :thumbsup:

Radish

"Finish the tank, grandad. Make sure it can fly." Eh??
;D :tank: ;D

Radish

Added some "stakes" for impaling mongoose and scorpions, etc. Also sand skirts.
Some additional baggage to be added, and then it'll be time to spray with primer.
Tomorrow (apart from spraying this) I'm finally painting the Israeli Warspout. :drink:

Radish

It had already been sprayed in Black Primer when Trevor glimpsed it at the Staffs Moorlands Show. I spent a happy 3 hours drybrushing and adding the Meerkats, before deciding it needed more colour, so an applied wash of a milky-constituancy green....mixed from an olive green and Scorpion Green added a nice touch. I glued the aerials in place, but these need painting.
I have to add some decal markings (not sure what yet) and a Red Star for the Meerkats on the South Eastern Front.

Radish

The "Meerkitten Type 36 Model II" is finished, decalled and photographed.

Also, I've made the crew member for the next......a Meercat Cavalry "vehicle"....just need to add some tissue soaked in white glue, before spraying it in primer black. Although, as it's a fairly small "vehicle" in 1/35th, I might brush paint a black primer coat, prior to drybrushing, washes, and decals. Once again, this will be a Meercat vehicle on manoevres on the Southern Front.

Simples. EESSHHK!!

rickshaw

So, can one inquire as to where the photos are?  This sounds interesting and I'd like to see what you've done.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Quote from: rickshaw on July 06, 2010, 03:05:44 AM
So, can one inquire as to where the photos are?  This sounds interesting and I'd like to see what you've done.

Oh dear - who's going to tell him?  :rolleyes: ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones