ID Models

Started by kitnut617, June 18, 2010, 03:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

I was just reading over on Britmodeller, that a fellow named 'John' and goes by the user id of 'Tigger' on ARC, has acquired a large selection of ID Models moulds. 

I wonder if he got them from Blackbird Models ------
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

GTX

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 18, 2010, 03:24:51 PM

Not sure I understand?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitnut617

Quote from: GTX on June 18, 2010, 03:33:29 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on June 18, 2010, 03:24:51 PM

Not sure I understand?

Regards,

Greg

Just been doing some checking out and according to my copy of PAK-20, Delta Aviation Publishing bought all the ID Models moulds.  Delta Aviation is now called Blackbird Models, the same owner just a rename.  He doesn't have a very good reputation so I've answered my own query. It looks like he's bailing out of the business.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

frank2056

Aircav

The 1/32 Hawker Siddley HS 125 could be fun but as you say I heard about Blackbird Models reputation too, there is a thread about it all somewhere but I can't remember where.
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

TsrJoe

John 'tigger' would be John Wilkes i think?, a brill modeller, but i picked up his 1/32 Saab Tunnan he sells on evil bay (along with a very basic Jaguar too i  recall?) which is very very crude and rough indeed and needs lots n lots of work, at least Dougs old ID. models range was achievable with a lil tlc.  :banghead:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Freightdog862

Quite right John is a wonderful modeller, and also a nice guy. He helped me out when I was setting up my vacform machine (he has the same model) for the canopy on my 1/32nd Seafire 47 set, I wish his well (even Trumpeter are not going to do some of those!)   
Colin