Main Menu

stupid questions time.

Started by Steel Penguin, June 20, 2010, 08:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

as the title says.
im considering  joining in, but am a lot in the dark concerning kits available, so ill ask my peers for details 1st.  what kits are available for the pig in 1:48?  id rather ones with a good chunk of ordanace and with crew, but im realy just wanting to know options, ( and possibly base prices or links to such) ive had a quick search of the site and didnt find anything for that so ill ask nicely here. ive had a quick skim of hannants and the hobby boss ones seam a lot of wedge if just bare airframes, or the acadamay c is there, any thing else?  the scale choice is so that after the build it can be used with everything else.

Thanks in advance
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Spey_Phantom

lets see, Kitech and Academy have 1/48 versions of the aardvark, i think revellogram has one to.
shouldnt be that hard to find
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Scooterman

If you don't want to shell out the quid for Hobbyboss, go with Academy.  Decent kit and prices are dropping becase of people dumping them for HB.  Stay away from the Chinese knockoffs.  Total cack-only good for parts.  Trust me on that one........ :banghead:

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Scooterman on June 20, 2010, 10:55:39 AM
If you don't want to shell out the quid for Hobbyboss, go with Academy.  Decent kit and prices are dropping becase of people dumping them for HB.  Stay away from the Chinese knockoffs.  Total cack-only good for parts.  Trust me on that one........ :banghead:

Scooter is right, the prices on the academy have dropped in the year since  I last shopped for them. I was still on the fence about this build but the price drop is enticing. (Girlfriend says I have too many kits... and I can not argue!) ...maybe I can get an exception.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

GTX

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on June 22, 2010, 06:54:41 AM
...maybe I can get an exception.

You ask, we support...Da!?

Regards,

Comrade Gregorski (Commissar of all F-111 GB things)

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Jeffry Fontaine

Don't forget the HobbyCraft F-111 which is almost an Academy kit packaged in a HobbyCraft box.  The quality is certainly better than the other companies named above.  The ordnance selection in the Academy kits is a disappointing selection of Mk.82 500 pound general purpose bomb shapes which are provided in only one of the kits offered (Libyan Raider markings IIRC). 

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg