Main Menu

CF-111 Wolverine

Started by pyro-manic, June 24, 2010, 03:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

Leafy roundels on a Pig! :thumbsup: As yet I am unsure whether to do a camouflaged Germany-based striker, or a NORAD interceptor with Phoenix missiles in ADC grey... ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

Last one sounds good with big CAF lightning stripe!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

pyro-manic

Yep! Decision has now been made, as I have another Pig en route that can be a mud-mover. Got some decals from a Voodoo that have been waiting for this one for a long time. ;D

Think something like the attached profile, but without the short "B" nose....

GTX

:thumbsup:

Regards,

Comrade Gregorski (Commissar of all F-111 GB things)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

pyro-manic

Progress thus far can be seen below. Basic fuse is together, with plenty of filler used. This kit (Italeri 1:72) is a bit rough, but very acceptable, especially as it's so cheap. :thumbsup: One slight issue (pictured) is that the tail fairing is the wrong shape, with the result that there is a huge gap between it and the rudder, and it doesn't match up properly with the rear fuselage. :banghead: Some creative rebuilding will have to be done here...

Armament will be four Phoenix missiles on wing pylons, and two Sidewinders mounted Tornado/F-15-style on the sides of the inboard pylons. Phoenixes from the Italeri F-14A, Sidewinders and rails from a Revell Phantom. I will have to make some sort of rails for the Phoenix pylons I think - they don't look right just stuck on the pylons...

Av8fan

Very very nice!

I cant wait to see this one completed!

pyro-manic

Thanks Av8fan - hopefully should be a fairly straightforward glue and paint job once the tail is fixed. Might get on to my second project if I do this one in time!

pyro-manic

This one is very close to completion now - just a bit of touching up to do, and then the weapons to go on, and she's done.

pyro-manic

Aaaaand, she's finished! Photos in the "completed models" thread. I'll add some figures, a boarding ladder etc. for a diorama at some point, hence the open canopies. :)

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

pyro-manic

Thanks ysi! I think it looks pretty sharp. :)

Pics are here for any who haven't found it. :)