YF-23 meets bandsaw

Started by Gary, April 19, 2004, 08:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

See the SHARC entry

Quotei have seen some aerodynamic model of something similar to a single engined F-23 on one of the US websites so it might not be as far fetched as we might think

There you go i found it again, and it does look very similar to what you propose.

Cheers

Geoff

gooberliberation

QuoteThanx
Funny you should show an SU-27. My first real big conversion was to take an SU-27, chop her just back of the main wing, push the engines forward, shorten the burner cans considerably, clipped the horz stab and inserted them just aft and below the canopy hinge (the naval 27 hadn't been seen yet) and ran a spine down the back to attach the single main fin to. I also filled in most of the tunnel between the engines to make up for lost fuel and avionics spaces, added a fuel probe and a folding ventral fin. It was in answer to the Gripen that had just been released by Italarie and was flying on my window sill.
Sadly an enemy anti-aircraft cat, also known as Sly, shoved my baby off the ledge and left a non-smoking hole in the carpet. The excessive putty and modifications to the structure couldn't withstand the impact.
After the FAA investigation it was determined that the experimental aircraft from the Sukoi family suffered a cat-astrophic structural failure. :D
i wouldve loved to see that too
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

Gary

QuoteSee the SHARC entry

Quotei have seen some aerodynamic model of something similar to a single engined F-23 on one of the US websites so it might not be as far fetched as we might think

There you go i found it again, and it does look very similar to what you propose.

Cheers

Geoff
HOLY CRAP!

My idea didn't include the sawtoothed intake... BUT HOLY CRAP! That's just scarey as poo.
Getting back into modeling

elmayerle

QuoteMy idea didn't include the sawtoothed intake
Well, I know Northrop investigated sawtooth intakes for the YF-23 and decided against them.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Captain Canada

Cool !

Way to go, Thorvic.....the King O' the Links !

And I don't mean golf !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff_B

QuoteMy idea didn't include the sawtoothed intake... BUT HOLY CRAP! That's just scarey as poo.

Yeah thats what i thought when i saw your model. The saw tooth belly intake will be interesting to do, obviously the model shown is a twin engine variant.

Any updates to the build as yet ?

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

Gary

Heres the top, the humpy white thing is layers of plasticard laminated to fill in the awkward space behind the cockpit. It was to have epoxi tape smushed in there by now, but you know... Sea hornets. I'm actually thinking about filling the voids ith resin so if my cat makes anothe attack, it'll be a bit more solid.

Gary

Here's the bottom, with the intakes swooping up in the middle where I was thinking about a shetland ppony type gun muzzel sticking forth. The hight of the intakes will be considerably smaller to fit the bottom of the forward fuslage in.  

lancer

Cool, that sort of reminds me of the Colonial Viper out of Galactica, but with a larger wimg
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on March 15, 2008, 02:08:40 PM
Gary,

Did you ever finish this project?  Inquiring minds want to know...

Well, 4 years ago it looked COOL :mellow: :wub:
Will die without understanding this world.

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Geoff_B on May 08, 2004, 09:49:06 AMAny updates to the build as yet ?

So did you ever finish this project?  Inquiring minds want to know...
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg