Elegant Phantom 1/48

Started by G.Marcat, June 27, 2010, 12:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

G.Marcat

Nice to see the my efforts appreciated! :bow:

The my plan was of to begin this afternoon to paint the Phantom but in some points the Humbrol black tint has not yet completely dried.

Will work on something other...

Pablo1965

Yes, elegant, like the F-15, but don't loose the spirit of the Phantom...great :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Taiidantomcat

Just looks great! I can't wait to see it finished  :thumbsup: One of the most creative models I have seen  :bow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Silverfox

Loving this very much - can't wait to see the end results. It's a great thing how you've managed to so well blend together the two different aircraft into one, it looks almost natural! Great job!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on October 31, 2010, 07:10:08 PM
I am impressed (well, overwhelmed, to be honest) with your ability to exert your will over styrene and bend it to your desire.

If I was as smart as Mr Mouse I'd've said that first !! - What a concept/build, simply fantastic  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

G.Marcat

This afternoon I was ready to paint the Elegant Phantom.
The idea is of to apply a two tone camo inspired to the scheme weared from the F-15s (or something similar) so, for to save the precious pre-shading, I opted to "draw" with the masking fluid the traces of the camo on the upper surfaces and on the fuselage sides.

anthonyp

How have I been missing this one!?!

Very nice execution, I like where you're going with this.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

noxioux

G.Marcat

As is am proud of to read so many positive feedbacks to the my creature, this is the answer:
Sprayed on all the Elegant Phantom a layer of Humbrol/White Ensign Models Gray FS-36622:

On the undersurfaces the preshading has worked well, it's barely visible under the 36622.

This is a clean side view :

Today removed the masking fluid and now I'm ready to spray the next colour.

sotoolslinger

That is working out very well :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland