Elegant Phantom 1/48

Started by G.Marcat, June 27, 2010, 12:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

G.Marcat

:thumbsup:  thanks for the compliments: the yours kind words are a good reward for the  two years of experiments on this project  :thumbsup:

craigdwpa

Life is tough! Life is tougher if your stupid!!!

G.Marcat

For those attracted by the my "Updated Phantom" there is a new batch of images.

This is all, the project is closed, two years of efforts ( :unsure:) and this is all:

Old Wombat

Quote from: G.Marcat on July 30, 2012, 12:21:25 PM
This is all, the project is closed, two years of efforts ( :unsure:) and this is all:
... ??? :o

Man, this is a fantastic build &, if you look at it subjectively, you really only worked on it for about 6 months.

Brother, if I could create something that beautiful in 6 years I'd be a happy man.

I takes me over 6 months to build a tank! :blink: Even then I have to hide the faults under battle damage, mud & weathering. :banghead:

:cheers:

Guy
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

G.Marcat

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 30, 2012, 07:15:07 PM
... ??? :o
Man, this is a fantastic build &, if you look at it subjectively, you really only worked on it for about 6 months.
Guy

I'm ever not been able to calculate with precision the time spent building a my WhatIf....
Recently, I have taken this behavior: I begin the whatif until at the stage of to  paint it,
Then I start to recalculate.
Rethink.
This happen because the camo don't like me more,  worse, with the paint applied I see a lot of before unseen defects, and at the end the model is victim of a temporary nightfall.

craigdwpa

Life is tough! Life is tougher if your stupid!!!

Supertom

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

coolpop6307

wow I cannot belive my eyes  :o :o :o :o :bow: :bow: :thumbsup:
it is beautiful well done well done  :thumbsup: :blink: :cheers:
"I am a tangerine, and no one can see me"
"Your despicable!!"
"EHHHH Whats up doc?"

McColm

Makes me want to build a few 1/48 kits, with results like that :cheers:

Mossie

Pretty paintjob!  You've gotto squint to work out what's going with her. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Gorgeous ! What a neat looking aeroplane.....got all sorts of shapes and curves to keep a man interested  :thumbsup: Awesome job on the paint as well. All those colours look great .

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

G.Marcat

Probably the my "Elegant Phantom" could have look well also with the first camo version  , the "desert version", but I don't like it in that way, I was unable to imagine it completed well with the desert camo. Not one real air force has never used that camo's type, if I remember well, so it was too out of time.

The truth was that in the beginning, before to start the conversion, I was determined to paint it in gray 36118 as the moderns F-15Es but the camo was too simple, probably not so beautiful. Who knows.

The old Vietnam camo can be applied on a lot of aircrafts models  without to be out of place: so is happened to the my F-415.

TimJ

Fantastic build and a great paint job. Well done!  :bow: :cheers:

ysi_maniac

Top notch modeling, indded! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.