Hinamaru Havoc

Started by Taiidantomcat, June 28, 2010, 01:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

NARSES2

My pc finally opened those pics up  :banghead: Worth the wait  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

upnorth

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on July 29, 2010, 10:18:45 AM

EDIT: When I saw the thread title, I thought of a Mi-28 in JGSDF colours. Might not be a bad idea, this.

You and me both!

These Tomcats are great!
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Dork the kit slayer

Yep thats the way to do ,em. Great thinking on the camo.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Taiidantomcat

Sorry for the confusion folks the alternative title was "Meatball Madness" but with some of the folks around here, I didn't want to open myself up to too many jokes!!  ;D

Thanks for the comments folks!

I am planning on reposting some of my other Japanese models with my improved photo skills (in other words a better camera and clean background)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Army of One

[/quote]

EDIT: When I saw the thread title, I thought of a Mi-28 in JGSDF colours. Might not be a bad idea, this.
[/quote]

Have to admit I did as well......cheaper alternative to expensive American hardware....??.........some great looking Tomcats though....H

mmmm....trying to quote Mr ChernayaAkula...but don't seem to have worked when I use preview....oh well....you know what I mean...
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Taiidantomcat

Bought this B-17F from Cliffy B and I noted that this old 1/72 Revell kit really does not look like a B-17  :blink: So I cut out sections of the wings to save shelf space (for the back story it is meant to make it faster!) Lengthened the engine nacelles with 1/48 F-14 Exhausts (which also added some much needed detail) And then cut the fronts off of the 1/48 engine faces for the spinners on the props. The tail fins are from an old and busted 1/48 A-10. It was supposed to be a quick project but like all my builds took longer than expected. It is very close to being done but the landing gear are fighting me, and I need to come up with some kind of solution for that before I can weather it.

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Cliffy B

FRIGGIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :drink: :party: :drink:

Glad to see that you could turn that old junked kit into something this stunning man!  Love the ball turret as the dorsal turret  ;D  Can't wait to see it finished!
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Taiidantomcat

Uploaded these onto my photo hosting site awhile ago but forgot to share them here  :banghead:

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PYF42

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on July 28, 2010, 02:44:49 PM
So what happens when your brightly colored training aircraft suddenly need to be camouflaged for combat and you only have black paint on hand? Sometimes a solution jumps onto your foot:

Bonjour

Excellent work , I like the "frog-colors" .
Regards
Fred

Taiidantomcat

Thanks Fred! And welcome aboard!  :thumbsup:

Taiidantomcat

Blast from the past but I though I would include it here too  :thumbsup: