Hinamaru Havoc

Started by Taiidantomcat, June 28, 2010, 01:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfman

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on January 10, 2011, 08:54:37 AM

Uploaded these onto my photo hosting site awhile ago but forgot to share them here  :banghead:

How the hell did the IJN get a hold of an Iowa-class battleship? :unsure:

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Wolfman on March 21, 2011, 07:21:14 AM
How the hell did the IJN get a hold of an Iowa-class battleship? :unsure:

The US Marines take one day off and look what happens!  :banghead:  ;D

I got this 1/48 B-29 from an Ebay auction really cheap and already built. The seller wanted to cancel the transaction because he didn't know how to ship it but I convinced him he could cut it up and I wouldnt be upset, so long as i got it:

But then it became a bit of an albatross, the original idea I had for it, didn't really work out so I was stuck with a very big model, that I needed to make smaller somehow kicked around a lot of ideas, asked for help here as well, and finally decided to make it a kind of Japanese Mig-23 Flogger:

Been trying to keep my "in progress posts" to a minimum, but  i was excited about this one, and just had to share it

:cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

pyro-manic

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on August 28, 2011, 12:02:28 PM
Been trying to keep my "in progress posts" to a minimum, but  i was excited about this one, and just had to share it

Why?? Share the madness! :thumbsup: Really interesting looking machine. Are you going to keep the rounded B-29 nose, or put on a pointy War Rocket Ajax-style one? ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: pyro-manic on August 28, 2011, 01:42:31 PM
Quote from: Taiidantomcat on August 28, 2011, 12:02:28 PM
Been trying to keep my "in progress posts" to a minimum, but  i was excited about this one, and just had to share it

Why?? Share the madness! :thumbsup: Really interesting looking machine. Are you going to keep the rounded B-29 nose, or put on a pointy War Rocket Ajax-style one? ;D

Thanks! I really like the look of the B-29 So I am going to keep the regular nose ... I still don't have a "job" for it. scale o rama fighter (not going to have the best rear view LOL )? Fast Torpedo bomber? whatever it is it needs to be quick!

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

arkon

my vote would be for a fast(really fast) torpedo bomber, with some in a internal bay and a couple on the inner wings.
cant wait to see this one done! :thumbsup:
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

I don't know wether to admire or be worried by the thought process that led to that  :blink: ;D

Amazing imagination  :thumbsup:, something that my brain is just not wired for
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pablo1965

I wondered: A B-29?, And the Tomcat? I see I was clueless, and I'm glad to see the pictures, time really is a Bomcat, hahaha , :thumbsup: I congratulate you on the idea.  :cheers:

Taiidantomcat

Thank you everyone!  :thumbsup:

I wish I could say it was a "of course!! I know what to do now!"  moment of brilliance, but the reality was I sat down with some paper and sketched rough outlines for a bunch of aircraft I consider small or compact and then tried to balance looks and size. The Flogger won.

The Runner up idea was a manned ICBM (it would stand the fuselage upright so it would be tall but take up very little room on the shelf) something kinda like this:

Other Runners up were OV-10, AR-234, and P-38/ P-61. I plan on making the wings a little bigger by replacing them with another set of WWII wings, but still keeping the moving tomcat element.

arkon

now that i look again looks like a amphibiuos hull would slide right under!
the plastic gods demand sacrifice