Praticallity be darned

Started by Fulcrum, June 30, 2010, 10:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dy031101

Quote from: Weaver on July 24, 2010, 01:56:49 PM
Alternately, the turret gun could be a small breech-loading mortar in the 51-60mm range.

The 120mm rifled gun used on M103 for the hull weapon and AML 60-20 turret for anything not hard-armours?  :wacko:
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Fulcrum

Thread revival time, everybody!!!!

I got 2 silly ideas, recently inspired by recent procurement news.

1. With Mongolia getting 10 MiG-29UPG fighters, I had an idea of an Alt. History where Mongolia has a air horde, similar to the horde of calvary, sweeping the skies clear of enemy fighters.

2. With the Swiss thinking of getting 22 JAS-39 Gripens, I got an idea of a Swiss Macross/Gundam fighter as a sort of tribute to the Swiss Army Knife.
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

Joe C-P

Quote from: dy031101 on July 27, 2010, 10:00:41 PM
What if the SMK and the T-100 were put into production for Heavy Tank Brigades solely responsible for parade and defense of Soviet seat of power?  How would they have been modified/improved to remain competitive armament-wise?

And for a slightly less-crazy scenario, what if Finland captured more T-28s and figured they can make those tanks combat-worthy better than the Soviets ever could?

Oh my - with superimposed turrets like naval vessels! How did I not know about those?!
One of the Patchwork World Dutch cities just got happy.  :thumbsup:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

dy031101

Quote from: JoeP on December 11, 2011, 09:32:03 AM
Quote from: dy031101 on July 27, 2010, 10:00:41 PM
What if the SMK and the T-100 were put into production for Heavy Tank Brigades solely responsible for parade and defense of Soviet seat of power?  How would they have been modified/improved to remain competitive armament-wise?

And for a slightly less-crazy scenario, what if Finland captured more T-28s and figured they can make those tanks combat-worthy better than the Soviets ever could?

Oh my - with superimposed turrets like naval vessels! How did I not know about those?!
One of the Patchwork World Dutch cities just got happy.  :thumbsup:

Just look at this.

Although I'm wondering, if the main turret was re-gunned with a 107mm, what good HE thrower could have been placed in the forward turret position...... maybe a M1927 76mm regimental gun?
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here