Main Menu

F/A-111B+ Gulf War vet

Started by proditor, July 02, 2010, 07:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proditor

The plan is to make the F-111 at the end of it's navy service, having gone full circle from unwanted interceptor, back to high speed penetration attacker.

The kit is the Revell kit of the prototype with all of the working landing gear and such.

hurricanemk1c

Now I know what TFX means!

'Pulls up chair to watch'

Shasper

Sounds like someone's been looking at the same ideas I have . . . Can't wait to see!
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

proditor

Pretty similar, yeah.  I think the only difference is I have the B used as a "wide area defender" which Congress makes the Navy buy, but in reduced numbers, and in concert with a knife-fighting dog-fighter for medium and close area defence.  I saw your thread and went "Well, great minds and all that."  Or we're both bonkers, take your pick.  ;)

GTX

Well add me to the craziness comrades - I've long thought about doing a F-111B at the end of it's long service life and looking something like this:

Maybe even fitted out with GE-110 engines and under nose IR/EO system:

Regards,

Comrade Gregorski (Commissar of all F-111 GB things)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitnut617

Quote from: proditor on July 02, 2010, 07:08:04 PM

After seeing this I've just remembered I've got one of these too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

That's quite a nice kit, for it's age anyway.

That's the one I used, along with an Airfix one, in a review for 'Scale Models'. While the Airfix kit is dimensionally more accurate (just.....[JMN Mode off]) the Revell one just LOOKS better. What with the escape capsule and working landing gear, not to mention the unique option of the -B version, which means you could make an early -C too, it's a class model.

It's only problem is the prototype and early production intakes. It's a REAL pig to convert to the later Triple Plow Two configuration, but still easier than doing it on the Airfix kit!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit