Main Menu

im in

Started by Steel Penguin, July 03, 2010, 06:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

well got the kit. ( hobbyboss 1:48 c Aus)
and ive got an idea. RAF low obs rework.
so i think itll be v the vertical stab, droop the tailivators,  and possibly square off the engine intakes. possibly a little nose job as well.
for ordinance im not shure yet but itll probably be " lent" from US stores as ive got the Hasa weapons sets to pick from.
but first ive got to clear me desk of the 2 f19s on there and get some working/thinking room.

( then all i need to do is find out how to post pics on here, any suggestions greatfuly receved. )
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

GTX

Good show comrade - I did a few drawings here that might be inspirational.

Regards,

Comrade Gregorski (Commissar of all F-111 GB things)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Steel Penguin

thank you comrade commisar!
i will do my patriotic duty. :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 

Steel Penguin

well ive started,  my you get a lot of tat in the box,  im looking at it and thinking its a shame im doing a in flight build as  id love to show off the "bits" like the radar, equipment bays, and wheel bays. though i could do cart down to go with the slats down, that the instructions say to do.

Stll seats assembeled, basic pit assembeled. tommorrow is painting that and the outher crewman, ( the 1st crewman is from my now defunct ac130)

Ill ask this again How do i go abought posting pics? ( ill need the ground up idiots guide if any one can post a link to doing so. please)

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 04, 2010, 02:00:23 PM

Ill ask this again How do i go abought posting pics? ( ill need the ground up idiots guide if any one can post a link to doing so. please)

Right. When you are in "reply" in the bottom left hand side of the "typing window" there is a blue cross with "Additional Options... Click on this and one of the options is Attach : Use the Brouse click on box to find the picture on your pc and put this "address" in the box provided. Clicking on "(more attachments)" allows up to 4 pictures per reply. Just make sure none is over 256kb. Then click on post and voila it's done

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

Thank you Chris.
heres the (very full) box
and the first bit of the cockpit.
I wont be going so photo mad on the rest of the build but this is still new and shiney :thumbsup:

Steel Penguin

Steel Penguin

wile thats fairly normal, the next 4 are where im having to start cutting.
fist up the  standard kit nose

the c130 fuel tank  that i intend to use as the sub structure for the faceted nose

cut and angled to  shape.

fited on to show.

Steel Penguin

nose on, and starting to add green stuff for shaping. 
decided to leave the thin tail spine running down the back of the fusalage between the engines, so its been extended with a strip of plasti card all the way back.
and now into the unkown, ive got some siligum to make the molds, and some fiberglas body resin to make the cast with, its time to  try to copy the tail plane tomorrow.. wish me luck
depending on sucsess i may get some photos up tomorrow evening.

Steel Penguin

got 2 parts of the tail cast up, and now in the shead to fully cure and hopefuly  de-gas some of the styrene monomer and thus de-smell. ( hopefuly pics tommorow)
the nose is done but not brilliant but has a bit more shape to it.
hopefuly things will stay going this well.

buzzbomb

looking forward to some more pix

Steel Penguin

nose pics fist, im using  green stuff  for the faceting,  its on but i think may need some fileing to smooth it off.
2 shots of each side, im happy with the general shape but it needs mucho smoothing.

Steel Penguin

and the spine and tail bits
the  moulds are made from a 2 part silicon  called siligum and seemed to work ok
the spine needs shaping a little
ant the tails need grinding thinner, but the face that was against the mold seeems a lillte rough, almost like it was sandy,  wether it gets a lot of work ill see when its got some primer on it.

Steel Penguin

slight flaw in the tails , theyve shrunk,  abought 2mm compared to the plastic origanals, so  ive cast up a second set, and will have to go with all resin as opposed to outside face resin that i had planned. the 1st set of casts have been ground down so they fit together, and will need filling to cover the gaps. ( my admiration for the regulars  round here who do this without secnd thought grows all the time, wile im attempting this.)
in the mean time, the well bay doors are on and im slowly assembling ordanace still, the intakes are fitted and have been clamped wile they glue on.

Steel Penguin

the tails are together and have been attached to the body, chain drilled the holes and used platicard to fill the holes, there tacked on with superglue at the angle i want, and will need some filler to make them look attached, not just perched,
hopefuly photos tommorow, as wednesdays are RPG night.