Armed BD-5J

Started by Burncycle, July 04, 2010, 12:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Real nice conversion Burncycle! Wanted to do one from the Isle of Man Air Force but keep getting outbid on ebay.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

The Rat

Quote from: Green Dragon on July 06, 2010, 02:50:31 PM
Wanted to do one from the Isle of Man Air Force but keep getting outbid on ebay.

Paul Harrison

Are there Manx decals available? I've wanted to do a Manx Spitfire for some time now.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Green Dragon

Only ones I can think of were for Manx Airlines so I would have had to paint them by hand on a BD-5 if I had one. Or have a crack at printing them myself.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

arkon

i'm sorry , who makes this model ?
the plastic gods demand sacrifice

JayBee

Originally the kit, which gives two aircraft, one BD-5B (prop) and one BD-5J (jet), was by LS.
It is now available from ARII and you get two of the LS kits. i.e.four aircraft in all.

Paul, I got the ARII kit in Jamiesons in Glasgow about four weeks ago £12.25.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

BlackOps

I'm a little late seeing this but it is way cool!  :wub:  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Tophe

:wub: :wub: Thanks for this harmonious & delicious creation.
Surprisingly, you did not mention you turned the BD-5J into a twin-boomer, as it was not the main change... Was my memory wrong, was the BD-5 already a twin-boomer? I have asked Google and found http://richard.ferriere.free.fr/3vues/bd5j_3v.jpg so... yes, you are the genious creator of this twin-boom beautiful layout on a beautiful BD-5J... I clap my hands :thumbsup: :bow:
Though I think a jet-less BD-5 has been turned twin-boom, scale 1, and flown. I will check the name and confirm.
Thanks again! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]