Staffordshire Moorlands Show.

Started by van883, July 04, 2010, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

Good new show. Nice to bump into a few friends-Radish, Thorvic, Howard of Effingham and Rich. Unfortunately I couldn't stay more than an hour and a half as I had various things to do at home.

Van

nev

Hey, what are those things at the back with 4 wheels?

*doesnotcompute* :unsure:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

van883

Quote from: nev on July 04, 2010, 10:27:20 PM
Hey, what are those things at the back with 4 wheels?

*doesnotcompute* :unsure:

I wasn't a what if sig stand...I think they are cars(!)

Howard of Effingham

nev!

that was the IPMS cov' & warks 'what if corner' and very nice too.

ignore the cars.

thanks van for posting these few pictures.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Radish

I had a great time painting the Meerkitten , which has been decalled and aerials painted. I've photographed it will be sending an article to Chris soon.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

Quote from: Radish on July 05, 2010, 03:42:55 AM
I had a great time painting the Meerkitten , which has been decalled and aerials painted. I've photographed it will be sending an article to Chris soon.

You know, no one will believe such an outlandish claim until PHOTOGRAHIC EVIDENCE is presented to the brotherhood here don't you?
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

NARSES2

Quote from: lancer on July 05, 2010, 07:21:07 AM
Quote from: Radish on July 05, 2010, 03:42:55 AM

You know, no one will believe such an outlandish claim until PHOTOGRAHIC EVIDENCE is presented to the brotherhood here don't you?

No in fairness I have some photo's from Terry for future articles plus I have a nice grinning Meerkat  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

van883

I have a meerkitten tank photo from the Moorlands and was going to post it...but will leave it to Chris and the newsletter instead.  :thumbsup:

Van

Radish

You tease.
Had I painted it green when you took it?
I originally drybrushed it, but decided the sandy scheme didn't show the crew well enough, so a wash was applied.
I've since added decals....but I need "food" for the crew, and I've got some ideas of producing that!!

NARSES2

Quote from: van883 on July 05, 2010, 08:43:55 AM
I have a meerkitten tank photo from the Moorlands and was going to post it...but will leave it to Chris and the newsletter instead.  :thumbsup:

Van

By all means fell free to post it Van. I have a load of stuff from Terry - Good Man  :thumbsup: - so can't gaurantee if it will get in the next issue as that will probably have his "Waterspouts"  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

van883

Radish

Smashin' photos, Van...eekksshh!!

lancer

Hey! Those Meerkats are out of uniform!!!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

philp

Quote from: lancer on July 08, 2010, 04:10:01 PM
Hey! Those Meerkats are out of uniform!!!!!

Yep, think they would look good in a US skullcap.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Radish

The meerkats are topless due to the heat.
The second model, mostly painted last night, again features two Meerkats, but this time in uniform. Not finished yet though.