Main Menu

I'm in tutu

Started by Radish, July 09, 2010, 02:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

I am enjoying the Rocky Horror shots.. love them actually, bit of a fave in my world as well.

Was there supposed to be a model in here somewhere ?

NARSES2

Quote from: Doc Yo on July 13, 2010, 12:20:43 PM
  Does your troupe record their performances, Radish?

They are the audience !!  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Glued the u/c on the Corsair this morning...gods it's fiddly. I'll drop some superglue on the legs later to stiffen them up.
Also sorted through the decal box and have a few options now available:

The Corsair decals are sorted, as I'll use the kit ones :drink:
A Sand/Chocolate C-47 is also an option, especially as it'll fit nicely in a Biggles story/display....perhaps later.
An F-107 in F-100D camo is an option too, and/or as an interceptor in that lovely blue-grey scheme. :party:
My F-86F perhaps needs the Darker French scheme, of Chestnut Brown and two greens? But I may need to cast about for decals.....unless I go for a well-worn Olive Drab/Neutral Grey option like on their P-47Ds??
Still considering a French Navy Beriev Be-6....perhaps a disgustingly dirty one in very faded Bay of Biscay ex-RAF scheme. A friend of mine once went in a French Catalina that was passing through Aden in the early-50s....he said it was absolutely filthy inside and out.

Like this scheme on the French Super Mystere though....wish Airfix would re-release it....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Radish

Found a picture of a USN Flying Boat with a rather wicked sharkmouth.....rather excellent idea on a French Navy Be-6 I think. I reckon I can add a few bonus markings/details too.

My friend Julia in the Rocky Hearse, astride a rather static Rocky, is a lot of fun. Her mother's OK too, as is her friend Rachel. I've obviously had to omit quite a few of the pictures...these aren't mine, they're online on Facebook......mine are of similar content though. just Rocky Horror fans having fun at the show. I've only got another 8 to go until the last venue in Aylesbury in December, and I can't do the last night because we're out rocking at Quo at the NEC. It's tough having fun.

Meanwhile....I'll go and do some more modelling I think. Get the rest of the Corsair finished.

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Radish on July 14, 2010, 02:05:00 AM
Like this scheme on the French Super Mystere though....wish Airfix would re-release it....
I know I have asked this question before, but ...:
Which colours will you use? :unsure: :smiley:
Will die without understanding this world.

Radish

For what?

The Cream/Chocolate?
First a coat of Halfords Grey Primer.
Then:
a milky solution of water and Bleached Bone (Games Workshop) with probably Bestial Brown or Schorched Brown applied in the same way. This will be masked to give a straight edge to the undersurface demarcation, the u/s remaining in grey, probably lightened with a Fortress Grey wash.
Then the front fuselage anti-glare panel will be masked and a couple of thin coats of Chaos Black painted on.
After that details....u/c legs with detail painting, silver oleos, silver wheel hubs, black tyres drybrushed bleached Bone. And wing tip lights red/green as usual, plus the other usual bits and bobs.
The pilot comes from the Airfix Spitfire XIX as he has a Bone Dome. And after squashing in he fits.
Then a few touches with a thin rusty wash to add a bit of character, a pencil touch here and there...graphite one and a silver one.
Then Klear Floor Polish, decals (the kit) and a Matt Finish (Windsor&Newtons Matt Acrylic)

Bonzer.

Here's Norman, a good friend. He doesn't appear like this when he's on the Bench...he's a Magistrate.

Radish

Meanwhile, cut out a VEB 1/72nd diabolical Beriev Be-6 and prepared it all for assembly. Nice one.
Not sure on it's colour scheme, but the bulk will be white (useful Halfords Spray Primer) and the upper surfaces need to be something of interest. I suppose I could add some interesting Day-Glo areas...not sure.

Now the French seemed to paint a lot of their experimental aircraft a mid bluey-grey, with lots of day-glo, so something like that could be good, with a few lumps, bumps, prod things, aerials?
I've seen a 2-seat Meteor NF painted/marked like this, and a B-26 Invader.
What about a B-25? Mosquito? A-20? B-24? B-17?

Instead of Meteor Nightfighters, what if the FAF had F-94s? They had T-33s after all. :party:

Slerski

Mosquito as Vautour testbed ;D, B-26 as Mirage IV testbed :wacko:
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Radish

Meanwhile, the Beriev Be-6 is now......

the Latecoere 879. :party:

Radish

And I've just had another idea!
Secret at the moment, but like the Corsair, could well be unveiled at the AGM. I know that's only a week away, and I've got a very heavy social diary from now to then, but the Corsair should be primed today, and the "secret" project possibly tomorrow or Saturday.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Radish on July 14, 2010, 02:05:00 AM
But I may need to cast about for decals.....

Terry, I won't be using any of the decals from my SMB2, if you want them, I can bring them along to the AGM.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

Yes please, mon ami...decals are "good"...and for that, a reward of a picture of my friend Holly...

Radish

It's been a very time intensive, exhausting and expensive day....4 new tyres, a long wait as they had to be delivered.....heck. So nothing done today, and I have to go out later too.
Hopefully, progress tomorrow.

But at least....worryingly......I've had time to think.
I now have the scheme for the Late 879 sorted in my head, as well as the scheme for my "secret" project.

I also have two Dakotas planned, both France and for "Biggles"...the SIG is displaying at Telford of course.
One DC-3 is Air France, using kit decals I have ready.
One C-47 is FAF....decals allocated, with badges, etc., and it'll be a desert one as that's the setting for the story. So grey undersurfaces, cream and chocolate uppers. I'll build the Daks later, but they'll be ready for November. Easy to build, the Italeri Dak is a favourite. Made at least a dozen in my time.

Radish

A colour scheme check....a nice photographic reference....

Radish

I've ground to a halt....a combination of being knackered after parties, nights out....so nothing done really. I must get back on track, but apart from tonight, I'm out every night this week in various pubs as teachers I know retire, or it's the end of term. TWO "do's" on Wednesday as well.
I may look a little jaded on Saturday at the SIG meet.

Car Service this morning (ouch!!!) but at least I thought up some new ideas.....