USMC Hawker Hunter Finished!!!!

Started by FAR148, July 18, 2010, 05:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AXU

I love that scheme  :wub: :thumbsup: this model will look very good

Alex

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Ed S

NICE.  Looking forward to seeing this one finished.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Daryl J.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

D*mn !! - at work so cannot see the pics till I get home !!  :banghead: - Great to see you back, Mr Lewis  :thumbsup:.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

Oh yeah, that's really coming on! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

tc2324

Tada indeed. Looks excellent so far.  :thumbsup:
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

James

If it looks that good now, just how fantastic will it be when it's finished?  :thumbsup:

Hobbes

GTX

Another masterpiece in the works.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Captain Canada

Wow....now that is simply gorgeous ! What colour is the overall coat ?

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

FAR148

Thanks everybody  :thumbsup:

QuoteWhat colour is the overall coat ?

I used Testor Model Master Dark sea blue FS 15042, Model Master Flat white FS 37925 and Testor flat enamel 1171 for the green. The blue in the profile is way lighter to show highlights and shadows.

Thanks again guys,
Steven L  :cheers:

Stargazer

The paint job here is impressive. Can't wait to see this finished...it could still be in the 2011 Whiffies!!

FAR148

Thanks again guys  :thumbsup:

Here's a small midweek update. She got her leading edges painted chrome, her drop tanks painted and fitted (not glued into place yet) and I put the seat in the cockpit. Next up is weapons and landing gear.

Until later,
Steven L  :party:

Taiidantomcat

That is some sharp masking! excellent paint  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.