Aeronautica Militare Italiano Hawk

Started by bacofoil, July 20, 2010, 08:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Quote from: bacofoil on July 20, 2010, 08:23:38 AM
How  about in 1975 the Italian Air Force decides that the Aermacchi MB339A does not offer a high enough performance to meet the spec for an advanced jet trainer.
After a careful evaluation of all other types for this spec,it selects the BAe Hawk with the wings being built by Aermacchi.
Hawk enters service in 1982 with Scuola Volo Basico Inizale Aviogette and proves to be a hugh success.
So what do you think?
Good idea or not? :thumbsup:
Really nice! :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Clean, well built little model.... luvvit  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Scooterman

Very nice!  And indeed, looks 'right'.   :thumbsup:

Geoff

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

James

Lovely looking Hawk - looks just right.  :cheers:

Martin H

Quote from: bacofoil on July 20, 2010, 08:23:38 AM
How  about in 1975 the Italian Air Force decides that the Aermacchi MB339A does not offer a high enough performance to meet the spec for an advanced jet trainer.
After a careful evaluation of all other types for this spec,it selects the BAe Hawk with the wings being built by Aermacchi.
Hawk enters service in 1982 with Scuola Volo Basico Inizale Aviogette and proves to be a hugh success.
So what do you think?
Good idea or not? :thumbsup:

Luv it!

If your able to attend SMW10. Bring that along, It would be fun to sneak that onto the Hawk SIG stand :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Martin H on July 21, 2010, 10:22:13 AM
If your able to attend SMW10. Bring that along, It would be fun to sneak that onto the Hawk SIG stand :)

There's a Hawk SIG  :blink: - Ohh I'm so going to sneak my Swedish one onto that stand  :wacko:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Mossie

Careful, they've got very good eyesight!!!  ;D ;D ;D
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on July 23, 2010, 01:07:30 AM
Quote from: Martin H on July 21, 2010, 10:22:13 AM

There's a Hawk SIG  :blink: - Ohh I'm so going to sneak my Swedish one onto that stand  :wacko:

Ian

And my Japanese ones! :wacko:  And Captain Canada's CAF selection....just goes to show that the Hawk looks good in any colours :)

Bacofoil, you have the knack of turning out superbly finished models that just look "right", and this is another one :thumbsup:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

bacofoil

Thanks all for comments.Will get to work on the Aermacchi ASAP.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Hmmmmm, in the stash I have an original 1:48 Esci Macchi 326 in that glorious dayglo orange plastic - a beautiful little kit..... What do you think, 4 FTS, RAF Valley mid 1970's..... decals from either a Hunter or Hawk.....  :blink:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

bearmatt

Very nice Baco!

Did the Aeronautica really buy the Aermacchi???  ;D
Fools!!!
The carpet monster took it!