Inspiration, Documentation, Ideas, ...

Started by ysi_maniac, July 21, 2010, 07:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

BTW, can any profiler try something with a P-47D in WWII, Indochina, Algeria, Suez crisis, ... in french markings. PLEASE! :thumbsup:

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Cliffy B

Quote from: ysi_maniac on July 21, 2010, 07:36:39 AM
BTW, can any profiler try something with a P-47D in WWII, Indochina, Algeria, Suez crisis, ... in french markings. PLEASE! :thumbsup:

I'll have a go at it.  Razorback or Bubble top?  Air Force or Navy?  FYI, the 1/72 Revell P-47D Bubble top comes with USAAF and French AF decals!  I might have to whip this one up hmmmm.....  
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
The model I could use is bubble top, but: Your creativity rules!  :thumbsup: :party:

ysi_maniac

anthonyp

Here's a couple of my old ones:

And my favorite, the MigRage-23

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

dy031101

F8U-3 always has the potential:

Putting ideas behind the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Nord Griffon together...... and you get (amongst other things) this:

To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

NARSES2

I've a part finished Super Crusader which was always intended to be Aeronvale. May well get finished although not in the GB as it was started eons ago  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
If it is not too advanced, not painted, ... I could accept it. Can you please post a pic? See rule 5 :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Construction is 90% complete, painting hasn't started yet. Next time I get the camera out I'll take a pic

Here she is. As I say construction almost complete. PSR (a lot) to be done but then can be painted. I'll use the excuse of the GB to finish it but won't put it in the GB vote

Chris

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

I very much doubt that I'll get time to put this idea into practice, so I hereby offer it up for your consumption and free use/abuse:

What If in some parallel universe, Fouga, rather than Dassault, became the dominant French aircraft manufacturer? Presumably, you'd have a whole range of aircraft with V-tails and side-mounted twin engines..... :wacko:

Aircraft with side or root-mounted engines that could be Fouga-ized with a V-tail:

Banshee
Scimitar
Buccaneer
CF-100 Canuck (that is SO a Magister-on-steroids..... ;D)
IL-40 Brawny (early version)
TU-16 Badger

Aircraft with "in-wing" podded engines that could have them moved next to the fuselage (and be given a V-tail):

Meteor
Canberra
Il-28 Beagle
Yak-25/28
Vautour (but find a decent kit......)

Mad idea: take a small or under-scale aircraft with a nose intake and stick each half of it on the sides of a big fuselage to make a "Magister-on-steroids" shape. The MiG-19 would be ideal, given it's twin engines.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Pablo1965

Well, I make some poor draw to my own inspiration, when I think in the renault 12Q and a french "pull and push" made with this engine. Please before start a proyect like this one  I want some opinion.
Thanks

Mossie

That looks pretty good to me.  The large fuselage mounted intakes for the rear engine are good, might avoid the problems with cooling that the Fokker D.XXIII had.  I like that bullet fairing on the tail.  The wing looks like it could do with a little more chord, the curved wingtips are a little modern & you could do to raise the tail so it's out of the prop wash, but they're minor points & I think you've got a good design there.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.