Main Menu

the '46 GB

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 22, 2010, 09:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Yo

Kerrillc

I definitely in! I bought the Ascender and at the same time I bought the Fujimi XIVE Spitfire (it has the Red Lion decal, but also has the markings for a Squadron Leader Lacey, can someone confirm if that is "Ginger" Lacey?). I found a P-51D that I have in the stash and had forgotten about, so I am thinking of a P-51F.

So am I right in thinking that the build will start Monday and how long do we have to finish?

regards

Kerrill
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

The Wooksta!

It is Ginger Lacey.

I've an MPM Spitfire XVIII that's part started - I tried to fix the nose problem but it's unfixable with my skills, so it'll get a new engine and probably new tailplanes.

Plus a load of Tempests...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

pyro-manic

Does it have to be 1946? ;D

I have a few ideas, so I might well take part. I also have some unfinished projects that would fit the theme, so I'll try and get those done as well.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Kerrillc on January 28, 2011, 02:23:17 AM

So am I right in thinking that the build will start Monday and how long do we have to finish?

I am not sure on this but it should be 3-4 months...We want to get this thing moving So we established a start date but not a finish date one yet! Dont think we have establ;ished the ever important "rules" yet either  :wacko: "No more than one goat sacrifice" for instance  ;D
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sandiego89

I will be in.  Standing by for the "rules".  Hope we stick to the "could" have been in service in 1946 as the original post said "would" have been in service.  I may be cutting hairs too closely, but there were many great projects cancelled or slowed mid to late war, but if they had been given the green light they could have been available in 1946.   

Many ideas, both Atlantic and Pacific theatre of interest. Tough to choose
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Mossie

Without speaking for Nils, I think '46 in general talks about an extended war, rather than the year itself.  A lot of Luft '46 stuff would have been unlikely to have seen service in that year.  So anything that could be in wartime service before at least 1948, if not 1950, could be eligible I guess?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Mossie on January 28, 2011, 01:38:33 PM
Without speaking for Nils, I think '46 in general talks about an extended war, rather than the year itself.  A lot of Luft '46 stuff would have been unlikely to have seen service in that year.  So anything that could be in wartime service before at least 1948, if not 1950, could be eligible I guess?

I think that makes sense... I really like the idea of keeping GBs as open as possible. I know some don't always agree with that, too open defeats the purpose of a theme and what not. I had an SR-71 idea but thats obviously a little advanced for just 1946  :-\ So that might be a tough sell. (dont worry I have other ideas too!  :wacko: ) I like the extended war idea personally. The more inclusive, the better and I think you will get more imagination and scratch building as opposed to just buying a "Planet Models Whatever" and building it OOB

:cheers:

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Gondor

I will try to build a model or two inside the time-line seeing that I have a whole load of long nose Fw190's and Ta152's to build they should provide some subjects. Tempted to buy the Xtrakit Spitfire F22 and use that as an operational machine in 46 as well.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Cliffy B

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

NARSES2

Well I'm in. My RN South China Seas Fleet needs some new equipment for those shiny new Malta Class carriers  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Me please!  I've an idea for SEAC or the RAF in the Pacific.  Two Merlins and packs a punch!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Spey_Phantom

just rewatching "Secret japanese aircraft of ww2" on my PVR, and seen that the IJA was experimenting with Autogyro's as ASW aircraft on converted supply ships. i was thinking, what if the RAF, Luftwaffe or the Italian AF used them as ASW or Observation aircraft  ;D

here's some inspirational video's  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=EAED365998D2E65B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Y4DfE2GZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY328hJNJiM
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

sandiego89

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 29, 2011, 02:38:19 AM
Well I'm in. My RN South China Seas Fleet needs some new equipment for those shiny new Malta Class carriers  ;D

A Malta would be great. Sea Fury, Seafang?  Both!

I have the ancient 1/540 Revell FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT that has been sitting for way too many years.  It is a poor model and the air wing would be tough. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA