Main Menu

the '46 GB

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 22, 2010, 09:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

i was gonna propose a Luft '46 GB, but then i thought, why let Germany have all the good stuff.
why not build some British, Japanese and American projects that were cancelled after WW2 ended.

its pretty much straight forward, build an aircraft, tank or ship that was to be in service in 1946, if the war was still going.
there are plenty of Luft'46 kits out there, eswell as some other projects (Supermarine Spitefull, Curtiss XP-55 ascender, Sukhoi SU-5, Ki-201 Karyu,....)
F8F Bearcats and A1 skyraiders are elligable to, as long as there whiffs  ;D

so whatcha think  :huh:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

ysi_maniac

I would certainly be here. :cheers:
There are so many projects ... but all arond the world. :thumbsup:
IMO you can rename GB as '46 GB :party:
Will die without understanding this world.

Spey_Phantom

i see you idea, and call it  ;D
sure makes the name a lot shorter  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Jeffry Fontaine

Opening up the group build to encompass all things '46 is certainly better than focusing on one portion of the '46 universe.  It is also better to allow all subjects for this group build so that it is not just about aircraft.  Adding ships and ground forces to the mix will hopefully create more interest.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Geoff

Ed S

Our local model club had a "WWII 1946 & later" theme for our contest this year.  I posted some photos of the entries a couple months ago.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,28208.0.html

This might provide some ideas of what could be done.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Cliffy B

YES!!!!!!  I'm there, when are we doing this?!  :cheers:
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Spey_Phantom

you know, the armour builder might also get a kick out of it, give them a chance to scale-o-rama a 1/35 tank into one of these babies in 1/72  :tank:

or the Maus  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

James

I might just have to get in on this.  :party:

NARSES2

I'd be up for this with some RAF & USAAF stuff
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

"Madness, and a voice would be calling......"
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

Count me well and truely in for this one!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Kerrillc

I was in Comet Minatures the other day and saw an Airfix Shooting Star. It just missed active service so it could be classed as a what-if either USAAF or RAF, likewise a FROG Vampire.

I know they have some of the FROG Sea Furies.

Does anyone make a ki of the Attacker?
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Spey_Phantom

i still have a FROG vampire in the stash somewhere, would make a nice dutch east indies bird  ;D
with brewster Buffalo camo and dorito markings of course  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Kerrillc

It occured to me after my last post wasn't the Tempest II nearly in service, just missing the war? I think Matchbox did a kit of the Tempest that could be built as a Mk V or a Mk II. As well as the Hornet/Sea Hornet. Of course the Fury/Sea Fury.

There must be others so I'll get my BSP Vol1 and Interceptor books out and refresh my memory.

K
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!