Main Menu

the '46 GB

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 22, 2010, 09:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Being awake too long, that's the problem.  ;D

We pensioners don't need as smuch sleep apparently, but our brain's must go into statsis around 1am......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Seems like this idea is really gathering speed on the poll - it was one of my five - Nils, if this gets the go-ahead are you prepared and happy to moderate it ??

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Gondor

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on December 12, 2010, 06:47:22 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 12, 2010, 05:23:19 PM
Quote from: Gondor on December 12, 2010, 02:06:08 PM
I am planing on upgrading the engines of an old Airfix B-26 with some engines from a KC-97L

That almost makes it a B-50. Make the fin taller and you're there.

You are tired, my friend. He said "B-26", not B-29 !!!

I already have a couple of B-50 kits in 1/72 one of which will be converted into a tanker for my Vietnam themed builds.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on December 17, 2010, 03:38:23 AM
Seems like this idea is really gathering speed on the poll

It is a real front runner right now, And although I did not vote for it I have been kicking ideas around...
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Me too. Done a few over the years, all of which are in my gallery here at What If.

The two Meteor's, the Italian Me262, the Do335 and the Mustang and Bearcat fom this year. Got a pair of Shinden's in the stash and a Huckbein. Hmmm some cross-decaling possible there, might ask our friend MatrixOne for some guidance on an Fw190D (plus).... Always liked that Tamiya kit, and those little P-40Q's that were on the stand at Telford.... VERY do-able   :mellow:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Spey_Phantom

i have been conducting some secret "Frankenstein" experiments some time ago.
using a writen off 1/72 FW-190A to become a testbed for 1 or 2 Jumo 004 jet engines.

might use the results on a newly aquired FW190 and make something awesome out of it (FW-190TL)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Kerrillc

I have a Frog Attacker, an Airfix P80, a Matchbox Tempest II/VI and one or two Airfix Seahawks, I think I know where I can get a Vampire and Meteor AND possibly an Ascender (i have seen it but I haven't been to that shop in a while). Now should I risk a threat of divorce? Decisions, decisions . . .

:rolleyes:

Happy Christmas

Kerrill
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Spey_Phantom

with the GB coming up soon, im gonna get started with some pre-build research.
for those who have National Geographic, you might remember they build a full scale mockup of the Horten Ho229 flying wing, to test its stealth capabilities.
well, tonight im gonna wacht a new special on another Luft'46 weapon, the Fritz X guided missile.
this could be worth watching, especially the launch of 2 functioning replica's from a B-25  :thumbsup:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/nazi-secret-weapons-4799/Photos#tab-Photos/0

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on December 17, 2010, 03:38:23 AM
Seems like this idea is really gathering speed on the poll - it was one of my five - Nils, if this gets the go-ahead are you prepared and happy to moderate it ??

Ian
ive been doing somethinking, and yes, i'll be happy to moderate this GB  ;D
i am going to build some entries of my own, but i dont think they will count then, but hey, its for the fun im building anyway  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Taiidantomcat

We are about 4 days from starting this GB :party:...

Trying to reignite some sparks

Tuck

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Spey_Phantom

me three (obviously  ;D)
i watched "Secret Russian Aircraft of World War 2" and "Secret Japanese Aircraft of World War 2" over on the history channel last night, gave me a whole new look on the '46 universe, beyond the germans  :thumbsup:

the Soviet Flying Submarine ive seen on the show is a real inspiration to whif  :wub:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

Unicraft does that one Nils, but I get a feeling you've got your own plan! :party:
http://www.unicraft.biz/on/lpl/lpl.htm
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.