Mix F-104 and SR-71 (1/48) two engines, a delta wing.

Started by G.Marcat, July 24, 2010, 09:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Dork the kit slayer

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
To my eye it looks like a Draken on heavy duty steriods. :wub:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

proditor

bearmatt

Are you the son of "Kelly" Johnson.... ?  ;D

That's gonna be a candidate for my whif 2010...  :wub:
The carpet monster took it!

G.Marcat

Quote from: bearmatt on August 03, 2010, 01:20:01 AM
Are you the son of "Kelly" Johnson.... ?  ;D

Long, short, mixed with F-16: I love to modify the F-104: here there are all the my Whatifs based on the Starfighter:

G.Marcat

After I gave the primer to the my model, now I can see a little more clearly the shape:

Logan Hartke

With that sleek and clean circular fuselage, tall tail, rear-mounted wing, and pure 1960s design, it looks like something out of Jonny Quest.

Cheers,

Logan

dy031101

Quote from: Logan Hartke on August 04, 2010, 09:36:16 AM
With that sleek and clean circular fuselage, tall tail, rear-mounted wing, and pure 1960s design, it looks like something out of Jonny Quest.

I believe (because a book I own that detailed the process leading to the F-CK-1 got misplaced) it also is one of the possible configurations developed by AIDC and (to a higher extent due to the former's lack of experience) retired Lockheed staff responsible for designing the Starfighter.  Back then, not clear on what exactly to aim for, the ROCAF issued a vague requirement based on what they want improved compared to the F-104.

It's the later refinements that led to inclusion of 2D thrust-vectoring nozzles (and slightly-decreased spacing between the engines, literally right next to the central fuselage).
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Logan Hartke

Regardless, I'm not a huge fan of the F-104 generally, but this looks great.  I think I don't like the T-tail very much and the straight, stubby, mid-mounted wings and this design takes care of both.

Cheers,

Logan

srkirad

I've already replied you on ARC on these new photos, but nevermind, I'll write it here too :)

It really looks nice now, while first (frontal view) photo reminds me of F-16XL ;)
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

noxioux

Every once in awhile I see something on this forum that looks just. . . RIGHT.  This is definitely one of those times.  What a beauty. :wub:

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Green Dragon

Great stuff, I've definitely got to steal this idea! Got an Esci F104 in the stash and esci RB199 afterburner cans in the spares box. Thanks for the posting that IDF evolution site too! Some interesting designs on there.
Looking forward to seing it finished.  :thumbsup:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

John Howling Mouse

Watchin' and Learnin' over here.  Great stuff....keep it coming please!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.