Mix F-104 and SR-71 (1/48) two engines, a delta wing.

Started by G.Marcat, July 24, 2010, 09:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Marcat

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on August 14, 2010, 07:02:01 PM
*********** ....keep it coming please!

To avoid losing interest in a kit and so not finish it, I work simultaneously in all the three models.

The three WhatIfs are all at the same stage: now they are under the  latest applications of putty to close the small mistakes then will follow rescribing.

Taiidantomcat

Amazing to see all three so close to the paint stage! I know how hard you have worked on all of them!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

G.Marcat

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on August 15, 2010, 07:42:00 AM
Amazing to see all three so close to the paint stage! I know how hard you have worked on all of them!

I'm near to the desperation: there is also too much to be done before the painting.

In these minutes I'm completing the F-15/Phantom  rescribing.

G.Marcat

From the my last post to today I have almost completed the surface's scribing (about only at  at 90% in truth).

This is the work done in th last two afternoons:

Many of You surely will judge overdone the my rescribing work on the F-104 Delta :
OK it's true but this is a my exact choice because very probably the model will end to have an overall finish in gray/light gray so I need to have a "moved" 3D surface.

G.Marcat

I am continuing the my idea of to go ahead with the three models I have in hand now, one by one, yes, but all together at the same time.
while the single-engined Phantom seems to me as  be going forward well, later this afternoon I applied the pre shading the F-104 Delta.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

anthonyp

I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

retro_seventies

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

G.Marcat

Today I put the hands on the airbrush: this is the first layer of gray sprayed.

Pablo1965

The plane remind me the XB70 Valkyrie. Coming from a F-104... this is really a modelistic heroism evidence.
I like those angles and lines. When I see this aircraft  I feel it's a pity don't see  flying it.

G.Marcat

Today almost completed the undersurfaces.

Another little hand of gray on the wings and engines and all will be ok.

Cobra

Sweet Looking! This has a 'Gerry Anderson' Feel to it :thumbsup: Keep up the Great Work :cheers: :cheers:Dan

sotoolslinger

She is a beauty :wub: With your excellent scribing and painting skills I would really like to see you do a model painted upas a just primed aircraft with out the final finish on :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Mossie

I've missed a few posts, she's coming along fantastically! :party: :party: :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.