Mix F-104 and SR-71 (1/48) two engines, a delta wing.

Started by G.Marcat, July 24, 2010, 09:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

G.Marcat

From the last message I did this:

Unsatisfied from the result a pair of days ago taken the airbrush and sprayed some white spots on the uppersurfaces.

This is the difference:

The reason for this work is that I was obtaining a too much static finish: I wish to have on the my kit the patched look visible on some US Navy jets.
After this today sprayed another misty layer of gray:

Now there are THREE kind of shades: basic colour, preshaded dark zones (panel lines) and a lot of light gray zones...

noxioux

Modelling_Mushi

Ooooh, now that's starting to look like a very well used USN bird - reminiscent of the end of service F14 fades . . .  :thumbsup:
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

G.Marcat

Quote from: sotoolslinger on September 26, 2010, 10:48:19 AM
Gorgeous
Quote from: Modelling_Mushi on September 26, 2010, 04:59:15 AM
Ooooh, now that's starting to look like a very well used USN bird - reminiscent of the end of service F14 fades . . .  :thumbsup:

The F-104 Delta is ready for the decals now.

Hope to show news on it in the very next future.

Cobra

Looking Good :thumbsup: has a 'Gerry Anderson' Feel to it,Hope to see more! :cheers: :cheers:Dan

G.Marcat

Quote from: Cobra on September 26, 2010, 11:22:51 AM
---------   Hope to see more! :cheers: :cheers:Dan

I must to complete a model!
The last time I was able to finish a my model is dated to the Febrauary or March of this year.

Mossie

Keep it coming, you're not far off the end & it'd be a crying shame not to see this beauty finished! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

buzzbomb

I like this, the finish is coming along as well again.

Great conversion work  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

G.Marcat

From the fogs of the time....
Today I have retaken in hand the my never completed "special" F-104

The two Draken Style's extensions are made one different to the other in lenght.....

The kit is almost painted, near decals ready,  but I will try to solve this mistake without to destroy all.

Old Wombat

Do a good job, dude! This build looks awesome! :party:

I'd hate to see it scrapped! :(
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

G.Marcat

Project restarted:

sanded away the gray sprayed two years ago and covered the entire f-104 with a layer of primer:

choose the scheme after to have read a LYNX tiger meet build inside the UK magazine MODEL AIRPLANE INTERNATIONAL:

A little of masking tape for the tiger stripe's zone:

G.Marcat

Yesterday spray applied the GUNZE ORANGE H-24 with yellow drops added following the instructions published on the LYNX build:

Today applied the TIGER STRIPES using for the outline a water based colour marker:

Then filled the center of every stiger stripe with a 0.18 airbrush using the Gunze's flat black:

More tomorrow (maybe)

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.