Petter Pe-5. BPRAF Frontal Fighter

Started by ysi_maniac, July 24, 2010, 02:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

This project will involve only junk from spare box.

... or What do you think about Airfix 1/72 BAC Lightning? ...
... OK, let's speak with pics and styrene ...

This needs only one engine.
Will die without understanding this world.

ysi_maniac

When I finish, you will not recognize anything. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Caveman

Thats a clever bit of surgery right there!
secretprojects forum migrant

Geoff

Weaver

Excellent!  :wub:

There really was a project like this, you know. It had a single Rb.106 (?), the wing was mounted high, it had fuselage-mounted u/c, and four Adens in the sides of the forward fuselage.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

srkirad

Looking good, surgery successful, waiting for the patient to wake up!  :thumbsup:
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

Tophe

A single-engined BAC Lightning? Good... :thumbsup:
(with forward swept wing? no I'm kidding...)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ysi_maniac

;D for a long time I considered X-wings, actually. :wacko:

sotoolslinger

OOOHHH that is neato. Please go with the x wings :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Brian da Basher

Quote from: ysi_maniac on July 24, 2010, 02:17:48 PM
When I finish, you will not recognize anything. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I just love watching projects like this come together!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Weaver on July 24, 2010, 04:10:12 PM

There really was a project like this, you know. It had a single Rb.106 (?), the wing was mounted high, it had fuselage-mounted u/c, and four Adens in the sides of the forward fuselage.

I think you're getting two projects confused.  The EE.P.6 had a new fuselage with a single RB106 Thames and standard Lightning wings.  The EE.P8 was a larger Lightning with a tandem cockpit, area ruled fuselage with more fuel and the undercarriage mounted in the fuselage.  It would also have had the kinked wing from the F6 and wingtip Red Tops.  Offered to Spec. F155.  I've one of the latter started somewhere.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 02, 2010, 03:19:46 AM
Quote from: Weaver on July 24, 2010, 04:10:12 PM

I think you're getting two projects confused.  The EE.P.6 had a new fuselage with a single RB106 Thames and standard Lightning wings.  The EE.P8 was a larger Lightning with a tandem cockpit, area ruled fuselage with more fuel and the undercarriage mounted in the fuselage.  It would also have had the kinked wing from the F6 and wingtip Red Tops.  Offered to Spec. F155.  I've one of the latter started somewhere.

Not exactly: I was just assuming the P.6 had fuselage-mounted gear because of the high wing. You're quite right though: it actually had that standard Lightning gear in the outer wings.

Mind you, wouldn't the P.6 have been better with the P.8's fuselage-mounted u/c? Judging by the pic in BSP Fighters there was room for it.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Hmmm.  I wouldn't like to land something that fast - and with a 60 degree wingsweep it'll land pretty fast - with a narrow track u/c.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

Hmm - doesn't look any worse than a Starfighter. Maybe a fully developed P.6 could have a Crusader-style variable incidence wing to compensate for the relatively poor flaps on the highly swept wing.

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

The Starfighter has a relatively unswept wing.  Swept wings are poor at low speeds, hence Richard Vogt designing the Blohm und Voss P.202 with a skew wing for takeoff and swept for high speed.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: