"Montana Gold" spray paints

Started by Weaver, July 26, 2010, 03:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

TsrJoe

our students use them all the time for project work, iv had mixed results with them, the range has a few plus points, an excellent colour selection (most can be matched to BS./RAL. equivalents), very high opacity (thick!) altho this is offset with it being sometimes difficult to get an even coat without 'orange peel', if too thick a buildup it also takes forever to dry and even then is stil 'markable' with a finger days afterward (yip iv found all these out on models!)
the colours usually dry a satin matt but can be overcoated with even quite strong laquers (eg. halfords clear laquer) to give a wet look gloss

Im unsure but i think they might be related to the 'monster' range that preceded the 'montana' sprays in the art stores here, both having similar characteristics, altho the nozzles do seem to last slightly longer with the more recent range (most art stores will give an extra nozzle if asked due to blockages being very common with the range!)

hoping this helps, cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)