XP-55R Rightender (reversed : canard into normal)

Started by Tophe, July 28, 2010, 09:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAO 700

Beautiful planes are french! (Amiot 143, for example...ugh!)

Tophe

The project is #3 above: a XP-55R glider on top of a J.21 glider without external wings, into a triplex-boom, twin-fuselage layout. I have started the putty filling of holes, huge, as I have no canopy (I will paint black the canopy/eye of the XP-55R, I have not decided yet if this will be the same for the lower component, either second piloted part or else simple tank - for fairy smoke as there is no engine to feed) :rolleyes: :blink:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Tophe

Tophe

The J.21 Segelflygplan (glider) will be the lower part of the compound.

Tophe

Now a sesquiplane, but I have no more paint to finish the fuselage above (XP-55). So I have to order and wait :blink:

Tophe

Tophe

I have included this new model in my gallery (at http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/ThankingIgor.htm ) with the final name CurtAAB P-55J-21, but I declared it as twin-fuselage "up & down"is this correct? or "above and below" would be better? :unsure: This is not a Mistel as there is no pylon nor intended in-flight separation, all parts are glued/welded together.

John Howling Mouse

Looks cool.  Maybe you could call it a "vertically staggered, twin fuselage design"???

Very interesting idea.  Might have to pinch ("steal") this idea sometime...   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

Thanks JHM. :lol: No need to steal the idea, it is a free gift of mine to the whole Humanity... :cheers: (if I have not myself stolen it without knowing, inventing again what was patented somewhere...). :angry:
So... I will "steal" your wise translation as a return, thanks! ;D
By the way, this model is enriching your dear T-tail family with a square+T-tail. I have tried to draw it and the sketch look like a dynamite switch (or detonator, or how do you call that in Alberta to make oil rocks explode into fuel)? ;D

Tophe

Illustrating in aero-plastic the Tophe's Dynamite-T-tail (when you press the T, the result is Boom, triplex boom)...