Tank Girl's Vehicles - tank started!

Started by Weaver, July 30, 2010, 06:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

But it also appears to have a second exhaust behind TG's knee.
Squariels had the exhaust ports on the sides not front and back.

Of course it's probably the case that the artist drew an enginey looking thing that fie the available space.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on September 22, 2014, 09:54:25 PM
But it also appears to have a second exhaust behind TG's knee.

Have you seen pics showing the carburetor on those things   :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

I suspect the engine's a loose copy of a Manx Norton but flattened and fattened up cartoon-style like the rest of the bike. Have you seen the tires? Good luck getting that back one into a Featherbed's swingarm..... :blink:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Now that's a wiring loom.  One wire, from the magneto to the spark plug.
Not even i could get that wrong...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Not much fun riding at night though (depending on your definition of "fun", of course). Mind you, the Joe Lucas electrics of the period were by no means guaranteed to solve that problem....

Which bike was it where the "tickler" card was positioned directly above the magneto, so if you followed the correct starting procedure, you had about a 10% chance of an actual fire every time you started it? The first in-production mod was a drip tray between the carb and the mag...... :blink: Oh, the good old days................
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Could have been one of many with the mag mounted behind the barrel.  Which was a sensible position for it as it was out of the weather there.
Hamster will know.  I'll ask him.

My oil in frame Triumph had the electrics mounted directly below the oil filler so they got flooded with castrols finest when it overflowed because you'd topped it up thinking it had leaked the oil when in fact it had wet sumped.
Fred

Weaver

It's slightly worrying how happy the arrival of the post made me today...

:wub: :wub: :wub: :party:

- Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

;D shiney   where is it from?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Captain Canada

That is too cool ! love the patch.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Fred

Weaver

Okay, I've decided that I'm tired of building small and sensible things for the moment, so I should do something big and silly instead. With that in mind.....

Nothing bigger or sillier planned.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Wow nothing small about that lol ! Going to be interesting....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

PR19_Kit

My mind is TOTALLY boggled at the thought of the sort of Whiff one could build by using two tank kits, an Albatross DV and a Vostok rocket!  :o :o :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit