Tank Girl's Vehicles - tank started!

Started by Weaver, July 30, 2010, 06:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 20, 2015, 03:10:39 PM
My mind is TOTALLY boggled at the thought of the sort of Whiff one could build by using two tank kits, an Albatross DV and a Vostok rocket!  :o :o :o

The Albatross and Vostok were actually bought to provide bits for other Tank Girl models, but ended up solving tank problems as a bonus.

The Albatross was bought to donate it's guns to Dee Dee Ramone's Flying Bug car (it was dirt cheap in a sale), but it turns out that the engine cowling and spinner are about right for the side pods on the turret.

The Vostok was bought so that it's conical boosters could be used to twin-engine an F-4J Fury as Jet Girl's jet (again, it was super-cheap) but it turns out the central body, with it's odd changes of cross-section, is ideal to provide the tank's side-mounted jet pods.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

"A beginning is a very delicate time..." - Princess Irulan - Dune

"Get the f**k on with it!" - Tank Girl

I'm going to call this progress. I was going to call it Albert, but that was just silly:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on August 20, 2015, 10:14:13 PM

I was going to call it Albert, but that was just silly:

I agree, call it Roger instead.  ;) :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Turret proceeding slowly: glue one piece, wait, repeat.....

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Having scientifically determined the best turret design by gluing on a load of promising-looking bit and then ripping them off again when they didn't work, I now have the basic structure of the turret together. Next step is the curvy bits, which are not simple.

The donor kits are amazingly crappy. I had to re-engineer the gun mounting just to get the trunnion height down to something not-totally-ridiculous. The Marders have a rear hull plate with totally ficticious detail and NO rear ramp... :blink:

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Quote from: Weaver on August 21, 2015, 11:05:50 PM
The donor kits are amazingly crappy.

That's why crappy kits make great donors
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Weaver

Quote from: scooter on August 24, 2015, 06:50:58 AM
Quote from: Weaver on August 21, 2015, 11:05:50 PM
The donor kits are amazingly crappy.

That's why crappy kits make great donors

I'm always in two minds about that argument. Crappy kits make cheap donors, but up to half of the problems I've had building whiffs have been problems inherent in the crappy donor kit, not the whiffing process. I'm trying to sort out how to do the wheels and tracks on this one at the moment, and believe me, it'd be a lot easier if the Marders wern't motorised semi-toys with no bottom to the sponsons....

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Nice. Your build descriptions are hilarious as well.....thanks for that !

:tank:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Currently working on the double-decker running gear. Didn't see the Routemaster in the sacrificial pile? Look again. It's not there, but look again anyway....

Lots of unphotogenic spacers and structure and thinking at the moment. The photogenic stuff is on hold for a week because for some odd reason, there's actually less early TG stuff for visual reference on the web now than there was a couple of years ago (maybe one of the various publishers has had a copyright blitz?). So next Wednesday I'm going to go and get my Tank Girl 1-3 back from this nutter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jNoTx-6wbA

Sure I've got a tin hat around here somewhere. Definately got plenty of Asprin.....

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Unfortunately this is on hold for the moment. I was going to go and get my TG books back from my friend Lisa on Wednesday, but last night I sprained my ankle and I'm not fit to drive. So when I'll get them back now is a bit up in the air, I'm afraid.

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Add another one to the list of whiffing wounded ! Hope you heal up quick !

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Well in true Tank Girl sponsored-by-the-f**k-up-fairy fashion, my friend who had the Tank Girl books made a special trip to see me yesterday, having first carefully left them on her auntie's coffee table... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

At least they are now on the right side of the Pennines, and I will be collecting them as soon as can be arranged. I'm going to call this progress. Or possibly Julian...... :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

lol some crazy ! I'd say progress....as they are closer and maybe the Aunt has more sense than her  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?