M10 HVSS finished

Started by General Zod, August 03, 2010, 10:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Zod

Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

Taiidantomcat

Very well put together, and completely convincing  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

General Zod

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on August 18, 2010, 09:04:54 AM
Very well put together, and completely convincing  :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly. :thumbsup:
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

Jacques Deguerre

A bit late to the party but I was waiting for my membership to be approved.

I've got to tell you, I love this vehicle! I've been planning a similar design in 1/35 scale, using parts of the Academy M36 with the suspension and lower hull of their M51 Isherman. While I have mine planned as a gun tank with the T23 76 mm gun turret (and presumably a heavier armored upper hull), this still inspires me in showing that it can be done and it will look good in the end. Again, very nice work! :thumbsup:
Some clever and amusing quote goes here.

General Zod

Quote from: Jacques Deguerre on August 24, 2010, 02:56:33 PM
A bit late to the party but I was waiting for my membership to be approved.

I've got to tell you, I love this vehicle! I've been planning a similar design in 1/35 scale, using parts of the Academy M36 with the suspension and lower hull of their M51 Isherman. While I have mine planned as a gun tank with the T23 76 mm gun turret (and presumably a heavier armored upper hull), this still inspires me in showing that it can be done and it will look good in the end. Again, very nice work! :thumbsup:

Thank you Jauques. I will be foing a few gun/howitzer builds using the M10 and HVSS in the future.
Death before decaf
Chad

dy031101

I was reminded of Panthers being modified to look like M10 TDs in a false flag operation leading up to the Battle of the Bulge.

What says we go the other way around: how much of work would it have required to vismod a M10 TD to look like a Panther?  :drink:
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

General Zod

Quote from: dy031101 on August 25, 2010, 03:08:26 PM
I was reminded of Panthers being modified to look like M10 TDs in a false flag operation leading up to the Battle of the Bulge.

What says we go the other way around: how much of work would it have required to vismod a M10 TD to look like a Panther?  :drink:
The suspension would be hard to easily fake.Trying to come up with an idea on how to make the suspension look like a panther.
Death before decaf
Chad

General Zod

Death before decaf
Chad

ChernayaAkula

Good-looking tank! :thumbsup:

Quote from: General Zod on August 28, 2010, 05:30:29 PM
The suspension would be hard to easily fake.Trying to come up with an idea on how to make the suspension look like a panther.

Maybe side skirts with Panther-style roadwheels painted on? Or fake roadwheels fabricated from plywood or thin sheet metal held in place with rods welded to the hull so they sit just outside of the HVSS roadwheels?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

dy031101

It worked out beautifully!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on August 28, 2010, 08:56:40 PM

Maybe side skirts with Panther-style roadwheels painted on? Or fake roadwheels fabricated from plywood or thin sheet metal held in place with rods welded to the hull so they sit just outside of the HVSS roadwheels?

I was thinking of ChernayaAkula's second point as well.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

General Zod

Good-looking tank! :thumbsup:

Thanks. :lol:
I can see the fake road wheels and side skirts. :thumbsup:
Death before decaf
Chad

General Zod

Quote from: dy031101 on August 28, 2010, 09:12:37 PM
It worked out beautifully!  :thumbsup:

I was thinking of ChernayaAkula's second point as well.
Thanks. :lol:
Death before decaf
Chad

nev

Can't wait to see this baby weathered :D
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

General Zod

Death before decaf
Chad

Scooterman