M10 HVSS finished

Started by General Zod, August 03, 2010, 10:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Zod

Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Great work, General!  :bow:

Quote from: salt6 on September 05, 2010, 07:29:06 PM
Just hang or bolt the fake wheel to the inside of the skirts.  That would give you the 100 foot rule.   ;D

Both fake roadwheels and side skirts? Oh, yeah!  :thumbsup: Jolly good idea. That would hide the track return rollers and track. And there have been Panthers with side skirts.

Quick and dirty in MS Paint:

Red are the parts that were added! The M2 is on a ring mount, which was fitted out with sheet metal to look like a Panther cupola. Could need a gun with a muzzle brake, as well as some of the paraphernalia characteristically bolted to the Panther's flanks. The fake roadwheels might need some chopping at the bottom, so as to not scrape on the ground when going cross-country (working suspension). The biggest visual difference that can't be addressed so easily is the distance between the upper end of the glacis and the turret ring. That's much greater on the Panther and probably the biggest visual clue missing.

Thinking about it, the M36 Jackson might be a better starting point for a Panther VisMod. Longer distance between glacis and turret ring and it comes with a muzzle brake. Maybe drop the stowage box on the Jackson (or use it to mount the turret mods).
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dy031101

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 05, 2010, 11:38:34 PM
Great work, General!  :bow:

I agree!  :bow:

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 05, 2010, 11:38:34 PM
Quick and dirty in MS Paint......

A picture is worth a thousand words!  :thumbsup:
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here