I have these daft ideas.....

Started by Radish, August 06, 2010, 05:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 15, 2010, 02:17:47 AM
At least you lost to a big one...I was offered the opportunity to pick up a small penguin (Rockhopper or Humboldt) in of all places Hawaii. Bloody thing nearly took my thumb off...then my friends daughter picked it up, cuddled it and said "did the nasty man hurt you then"  :banghead:  :blink:

Don't you just hate it when women do that?  :banghead: :angry:

Another expression of the game of "Wrong!"...... :rolleyes:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on August 15, 2010, 02:31:02 AM
At least you lost to a big one...I was offered the opportunity to pick up a small penguin (Rockhopper or Humboldt) in of all places Hawaii. Bloody thing nearly took my thumb off...then my friends daughter picked it up, cuddled it and said "did the nasty man hurt you then"  :banghead:  :blink:

Don't you just hate it when women do that?  :banghead: :angry:

Another expression of the game of "Wrong!"...... :rolleyes:

Yea...and she was 7 at the time. They learn quick  :blink: The other version of "Wrong" is "Well if you don't know what you've done I'm not telling you"  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

At least you lost to a big one...I was offered the opportunity to pick up a small penguin (Rockhopper or Humboldt) in of all places Hawaii. Bloody thing nearly took my thumb off...then my friends daughter picked it up, cuddled it and said "did the nasty man hurt you then"  :banghead:  :blink:

The "trainers" (there's a joke if you've ever seen "trained" penguins) said it was very friendly and I must have taken it by suprise  :unsure:

Penguins are evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

Simple really.   :wacko:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Doc Yo

Penguins, like Comrade Radish backlit on the crest of the hill at sunset, are magnificent. Especially
underwater.* ( really-seeing them swimming is a revelation. )

* Radish may or may not be magnificent underwater. Our correspondants have no data on this point.

Radish

I am lethal above water, floundering in it.....
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Quote from: Doc Yo on August 18, 2010, 10:15:46 AM
Penguins, like Comrade Radish backlit on the crest of the hill at sunset, are magnificent. Especially
underwater.* ( really-seeing them swimming is a revelation. )

Got to agree there, Penguins swimming under water not Radish, they are almost balletic in a 1,000 miles an hour way

* Radish may or may not be magnificent underwater. Our correspondants have no data on this point.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Back in November/December 2000 I was "Santa" at a local garden centre, and on the odd moment when I wasn't entertaining/ warping young minds, I made some notes on the back of some Santa "info" slips.

Such as:

Twin F-16s with the wing moved aft, canards, etc...
Lots of other silly ideas too......I must make a few of them!! :banghead:

dragon

You may want to look at some of the white metal gaming figures if you decide to work on a smaller scale.  As I understand it from one of the members in my local IPMS club, there is a game called something like "Critter Commandos".  All sort of insanity which I will not mention because it may actually bore some of our more eccentric members because that is their reality.  This member has presented in the past: Battle Cattle, Gorilla Guerillas, Battling Snowmen, and is currently working on "Hairballs" (don't ask if you value what is left of your sanity).
:cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Weaver

Quote from: rickshaw on August 18, 2010, 07:37:31 AM
At least you lost to a big one...I was offered the opportunity to pick up a small penguin (Rockhopper or Humboldt) in of all places Hawaii. Bloody thing nearly took my thumb off...then my friends daughter picked it up, cuddled it and said "did the nasty man hurt you then"  :banghead:  :blink:

The "trainers" (there's a joke if you've ever seen "trained" penguins) said it was very friendly and I must have taken it by suprise  :unsure:

Penguins are evil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

Simple really.   :wacko:

Yeah, but penguins are smart too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBwqbqZ3L60

:bow: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

rickshaw

Yeah, well you until those Orca flip the boat over.  They get Penguin appetiser followed by human main course.  No survivors, who's ever going to know, hey?  ;)  ;D ;D ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Gary

Oh they had nothing to worry about, those were the relatively unknown Celery Orca. You can tell by the green bits in their teeth.
Now if there had been a salad in the boat... well baby, no one would have stood a chance.
Getting back into modeling

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on August 24, 2010, 03:35:51 AM
Yeah, well you until those Orca flip the boat over.  They get Penguin appetiser followed by human main course.  No survivors, who's ever going to know, hey?  ;)  ;D ;D ;D

Why have I got a picture in my minds eye of that Penguin being taken back to the cruise ship, covered in chocolate and served as desert  :banghead:  ;D

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 24, 2010, 07:55:24 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on August 24, 2010, 03:35:51 AM

Why have I got a picture in my minds eye of that Penguin being taken back to the cruise ship, covered in chocolate and served as desert  :banghead:  ;D

there is an answer for that but it's unprintable here... :wacko: :wacko:  :cheers:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Radish

Meanwhile other daftness that has crossed my mind....

Meercat MC.205 in full Croatian markings from the 3rd Meerkat Squadron, in Winter finish....with groundcrew of course. Simples.....this is currently "in build".

An "Easy Jet" DC-3....confuse the passengers, eh?

Various monoplane conversions based on the Walrus ;)

:wacko: :party: :party: :wacko:

NARSES2

I know I probably don't want to hear the answer, but what are Meerkats doing in Croatia ?? Apart from flying for the Croatian AF of course