I have these daft ideas.....

Started by Radish, August 06, 2010, 05:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

I have a vision of a 1/32nd "Tonka" Tornado, on the ground, and with ground crew, pilots, etc., around.
But with the heads on the figures replaced by Meerkat heads.

I have the figures (and the heads) just need a relativly bargain Tonks now.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

ChrisF

Nothing is a daft idea on this site :)

upnorth

Quote from: ChrisF on August 06, 2010, 08:08:57 AM
Nothing is a daft idea on this site :)

Really?

Does that mean I can once again dream of a Viggen with a second set of landing gear that extends from it's topside in case it gets stuck inverted and has to land that way?
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Dork the kit slayer

Radish old luv....you could never be accused of daft ideas....................a little quirky...................twisted at most but never ever daft.

Kind regards your most ever loving stalker and part time trick cyclist, Nepolian the twoth
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Radish

Located in the gloom of the loft is a 21st Century Macchi C.205 in 1/72nd.
As it's here I'll use that, particularly as I'm more used to building prop things anyway.

So, is it to be:

MiG-6 "????????????" of a Merkat Guards unit on the Eastern Front?
or.....
Armstrong-Whippet "Greyhound II" of 566 "United Merkats" Squadron flying from the United Kingdom, or the Balkans, or North Africa?
or.......
Breguet-Meerchat "@@@@@@" of GC 666/II.....French colours, as used in Algeria.

The kit will be slightly tweaked, of course, have figures around it, on a base, and POSSIBLY be entered in the Comp at Telford.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: upnorth on August 06, 2010, 08:40:50 AM
Does that mean I can once again dream of a Viggen with a second set of landing gear that extends from it's topside in case it gets stuck inverted and has to land that way?

And why not?

I may have recounted this elsewhere, but my #1 daughter built her first model kit, an Airfix Mk IX Spitfire of course, with the wings upside down so the wheels retracted out of the TOP surface. When asked why she did that a look of total scorn came over her face and she replied 'How would the pilot know how they'd come down properly otherwise?'

If it worked for her, it'll work for you I'm sure. :)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Kerrillc

To the 1st post and to the 5th post I can only say this ... if it works for you go for it and moreover why ever not!
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

Radish

Flown by Captain Sergei of Count Orlov's Imperial Guard Squadron.... :wacko:

TsrJoe

i noticed in our local toy store some really nice meercats as part of a wildlife toy range, i reckon they would probably be ideal for your purposes as they would be approx similar height to a person in 1/32 scale?

cheers, Joe  :blink:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

NARSES2

I think they are the ones Terry's been using Joe. They've some in my local Dept store as well. The adults are about 2" tall and the 3 pups about 1 1/2".

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

Plans are a foot (or perhaps a yard, although a metre is more modern) and I've been thinking of mods, schemes for the Imperial Meerkat thingy, etc......
I hope to make progress (don't we all??) and as there's the Stafford IPMS AGM in October, and the theme that month, apart from the "business" is 21st Century models, it'll ensure it's competition material....I'll enjoy that.
I shall say nothing about the mods, additions, of which there should be a few, as in all my stuff, the situation evolves. BUT I'm being kicked out of my modelling den (boooohooooo) into a BIGGER den (hurrraaaahhhhhh!!) which will be even better. This move happens in about 3 weeks time.
As ever, there'll be photos and an article finding its way through the ether to Chris, and I'll write up the Meerkat tanky things too.
:lol: :lol: :party: :party: :drink: :drink: :blink:

upnorth

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

GTX

Oh great...now I have an idea for a Cold War between the Meercat Empire and the Penguin Federation... :banghead:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ChrisF

I thought it was mongoose's that were the mortal enemy !?   :huh:

Radish

eeeekkkssshhhh!!!!

Don't mention the mongooses......

Now Penguins are another field entirely, and it's (s)no(w) joke working it all out. Can you remember the rocket-powered penguins in Batman 2??? Terrific!

I also have this idea (expressed at the AGM) of the Duck amphibious vehicle (1/35th) crewed by. Duck-headed troops, sailors...... :banghead: