Revell F-22 Raptor kit is it any good or not?

Started by JJC, March 14, 2010, 06:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJC

hi, was just wondering whether or not the REVELL F-22 RAPTOR was any good or not? does anyone know if its the italeri kit / how it compares to the italeri kit?

thanks, JJC
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nev

The 1/48 kit is the Italeri reboxed, and is by all accounts atrocious, particularly in the fit department.

I'm working on the Academy Raptor atm and its fantastic.  Great stores loadout, massive decal sheet, good fit and detail - just watch out for those intakes :banghead:

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

JJC

ok thanks, will take that into account, just wanted to know what i was getting into :thumbsup:
KEEP THE VULCAN FLYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pyro-manic

Revell should upscale their 1:72 model - now that would sell.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Jeffry Fontaine

Here are links to three on-line in-box reviews from CyberModeler for anyone that is interested in knowing the differences between these three 1/48th scale models of the F-22 that are currently available:

Hasegawa F-22 cRaptor (1/48th scale kit # PT45)
Academy F-22 cRaptor (1/48th scale kit #12212)
Italeri F-22 cRaptor (1/48th scale kit # 0850)

I know there are other in-box reviews of these three subjects available but for the sake of consistency CyberModeler has demonstrated the ability to provide very good quality images of the kit contents which I feel is a benefit to anyone that is looking to see the differences between the kits.  
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg