Focke-Wulf TL "Flitzer" (Revell 1/72)

Started by Draken35, August 13, 2010, 12:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedarkmaster

Looks really goood , nice work , top class  ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Draken35

Thank you!!!

OK, she is finished now:

The last works were:
- a little bit of weathering (very light; it's a new aircraft in the Palombian airforce...) made with Mithril Silver from Citadel Colors
- Airbrushing of matt cote (Pébéo - simply excellent)
- The gunpowder is made with Tamiya pastels
- masking of the cockpit is removed (with no correction to do... I'm glad for that)
- wheels and other little elements are placed.

The photos now:

Thank you all of you for your kind comments during that build!

Tophe

Wonderful! And I do appreciate to celebrate a Flitzer twin-boomer without evil swastika, thanks! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Draken35

Thank you very much, Tophe!

The problem with the svastika is:
If I wish to build a WW2 German aircraft that is historically correct, I need to put a svastika.
If I wish to manifest that I dislike nazism, I don't put a svastika... But I'm historically incorrect...

Better to build Palombian aircrafts, anyway  ;D

The base is not definitive, but I've put a piece of Verlinden's tarmac: it's more "accurate", isn't it?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Really nice model, superb  :thumbsup:

That is such a cool looking aircraft - I doubt that we'll see a 1:48 kit anytime soon, so with this build and a few others that have been seen here, I guess it's time for me to go buy one of these teeny-tiny things. Hmmmm, maybe IJA colours.... or Spanish.... or French.... or (fades to grey, exits stage left)

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Slerski

Viva Palombia  ;D

Very nice Flitzer, well painted  :thumbsup:
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Weaver

That looks great - really keen paint job and good-looking decals! Well done! :thumbsup: :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Army of One

Awesome build n paint job...so much so that I think mine.....made n ready for undercoat....will go back in a shoebox n up into the loft....not buying any knitting needles yet though..... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

I've enjoyed watching this take shape. Well worth it, lovely build  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

dumaniac

Gondor

what is the paint you used for the tires as it looks very realistic?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Draken35

Thank you all!!!

Quote from: Gondor on September 13, 2010, 06:19:13 AM
what is the paint you used for the tires as it looks very realistic?

Gondor

For the tires, I've used "Dark Rubber" from Panzer Aces (It seems it's a subdivision of Vallejo). The result is effectively ecxellent. I like also their "Light Rubber", perfect for WWI aircrafts...

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ed S

Draken,

Nicely done.  I agree with you on the Luft '46 stuff and prefer to find alternate markings for these.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.