Blue Thunder/Green. . .

Started by noxioux, August 14, 2010, 09:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noxioux

Forgot to drop in the pic of the gun.  It's a little on the long side, but really about the same length as the one from the kit.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

noxioux

Got this one mostly wrapped up, too.  I do have some rocket pods and a pair of AIM-9's to go on the winglets.

Some of you have read some William Gibson, and the jumpjet with the mimetic polycarbonate skin gave me the idea for this paintjob.  The skin automatically adapts to its environment, or it can be run on preprogrammed patterns.  It works much like the skin of a cephalopod, with artificial "chromatophores" that are turned on or off with an electric current.

I'm kinda proud of the gun, even though it's entirely too long.  The cockpit ain't bad either, but I couldn't get the camera to take a decent shot of the interior.

:cheers:

AeroplaneDriver

Uber Gazelle!!!

Beautiful job...love that paint scheme!   :thumbsup: :cheers:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

What ? A gun too long ? Never !

:thumbsup:

That paint is frickin' awesome....even before I went back and read the explanation...very nice.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

GTX

Love that paint job.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

tanktastic43

Paint job?  :wub: 'nuff said!

Well done.  :thumbsup:

tt43.

Devilfish

Truly a "Blue Thunder" for the 21st century!!!

Taiidantomcat

That paint scheme is just great!  :thumbsup: Wonderful finish overall. Absolute winner  :cheers:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

MiB

Wowwwoow,  whit new engine (Apache loookalike exhaust), new bigger wing, new bigger gun.......and awsome paint scheme!!!! GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: :thumbsup: :wub: :wub: :wub: :ph34r:
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

sequoiaranger

...the paint job is fabulous!

Did you paint the model one color, then wrap netting around tight as you did the others, or...? Whatever, I REALLY like the effect!

As far as the "too long" gun is concerned, you COULD shorten it by sawing deftly at the "bands" around the gun, and taking a chunk out of the pieces and re-gluing (and touching up the joints with paint).

About 3/4 length overall might give it a more "realistic" look. Not necessary, as it is a whif, but here's how it might look...

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Mossie

Radish'll love it, it's wearing fishnets!!! :lol:  Different paint schemes, great stuff! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

noxioux

Thanks everybody!  That's why I love this place.

That's a good suggestion sequoiaranger.  It looks much more realistic with the shorter gun.

The paint job was easy:  At first I tried wrapping the screen around the model, but that wasn't working so hot.  So I just held a piece of screen, about 2"x4", and sprayed the colors through the screen (with the trusty Badger 150) one small part at a time.  I tried to match things up as I went.  I actually had to paint it twice, but that's how these things go.  Something did get through the tape, and ate into the plastic of the canopy.  Maybe some lacquer?  I'm not sure.  I still need to spray the radome and paint the detail on the rotor head.  I will likely build a base, maybe some kind of urban/desert thing.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Holy Poo !!

Never saw that paint-scheme coming.... Outstanding !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

sequoiaranger

>I will likely build a base, maybe some kind of urban/desert thing.<

Seems like you already have. The "pebbly" carpet is a Berber (desert), and your living room is "urban". No?  ;D

Anyway, the mesh/paint thing came out fabulous--I might try it on a whiff sometime myself, if I can bring myself to sacrifice the fishnet pantyhose I wear around the house! :mellow:
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!