somebody has stolen a type 22

Started by lenny100, August 17, 2010, 03:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

I am sad to report that my 1/96 scale type 22 has been  :angry: stolen :angry: from my shed, were it was in for painting the only place i could find large enough to spray it in and keep it clean
it was 99% done and was to have its first showing at the Newcastle show next year, it was to large to show anywhere else.

Now considering i had been building it since 1991  :blink:  when i was a crew member of its full size counterpart  :drink: Campbeltown  :drink: just the time in hours makes me cry never mind the cost of the fittings etc  :banghead:.

happy to say the wife feel as bad as me and has allowed me to get a new hull a type 23 in 1/72 scale from fleetscale and so i will make it into a version of the upcoming type 26 surface warfare ship. at a eye watering :o £120  :o.

i will post a build of this new ship on here as i build it but i am wondering what to call her sticking to the naming culture in use the names should all start with F

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

B*****ds! What the hell do they think they're going to do with it?  :angry: :angry: :angry:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

What happened to the "E" class then? Some good names there - Euryalus, Emerald, Eagle, Excalibur, Enterprise etc.

Fearless
Fearsome (doesn't seem to have been used before, which is odd)
Fencer
Formidable
Furious
Fiji (not really suitable any more, I suppose, but the Fiji/Crown Colony class cruisers were very good ships)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

lenny100

the e was use by the e class survey ships echo and enterprise
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Enterprise_%28H88%29

pyro-manic

Ahh, never mind then!

Keep an eye out on ebay and the like - the thieving gits might try to offload it there. Hope they get caught. :thumbsup:

lenny100

according to pc plod some local "youth's" were seen down the local dock with a large " toy" boat before it was sunk by them throwing stones and rocks at it

pyro-manic

Know any divers? Might be able to fish it out and repair it if it's actually there. :)

Gondor

Perhaps you could ask the local police force to use this as a good excuse to practice a Police Underwater Resce training exercise.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Little B******S!! I hope the scrotes responsible wake up to their feet having turned into testicles.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

rickshaw

You know, I don't blame the kids.  I blame the blasted parents.   If they raised the little shits properly, they'd have respect for others' property.   I say bring back the stocks!  That and a good public caning!  Do 'em the world of good!
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Slerski

That's really not nice... "Les enfants sont comme on les élève" >:( (Childs are as they're educated, as we say in France).

Hope you could do something good with the new hull (and keep her in a bunker)
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

dy031101

Some people might want to see me thrown into jail for saying it, but I believe that some kids deserve to physically get their butts kicked.   >:(  Their parents might have taught them that what they did was wrong for all we know (although a lack of proper parenting is still a possibility), but because they haven't hit the 18-year-old milestone and/or are able to remain anonymous, they believe they should feel free not to be responsible for their actions.

Modern day people should be held accoutable at an earlier age than the old time; maybe not for absolutely everything they do but there obviously are things for which they should be.

I wish you and your project well, man.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die