Zvezda MFI in 1/72 ... a short review !!!

Started by Deino, April 26, 2004, 12:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

Quote- The belly has some unusual details, i assume it represents an internal weapons bay doors. It would have been nice if they had opened these to allow the bay to be viewed as Italeri did with the YF-22/23 & X-32. But i suppose that levelk of information was not accessable to them at the time.
Hi Thorvic !!!

YES ... would be nice to devellop it into an operational aircraft !!   :wub:

But regarding these "unusual details" I'm not sure ... but comparing them with the pictures I have they seem to be true !! esp. the "only" three - whatever You call them  :angry:  :) - because ... as far as I know - the MFI prototype or better this 1.44 demonstrator has "no" weapons bay ... I think this could be some sort of semi recessed / semi-conformal carriage of the AA-12 missilies !! ... but who knows ?!

Deino   :D  
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

Deino

Hi ... I was just spinning my mind the last few minutes ... and this is my proposal for a "what-if" operational Mikoyan MFI MiG-39P !!! :wub:

Deino   :rolleyes:  

-
W.H.Auden (1945

Captain Canada

Wicked !

I think I'll have to break my self-imposed kit buying moratorium for this one....hold on while I phone my local stockist to see if he's got/ can get one !

Thanks !

Toadman

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Deino

QuoteThe kit seems to go together quite nicely.  Hopefully I should have the airframe assembly complete by Sunday - there's some filler needed here and there on the wings and inside the intake.  May need a tad around some of the fuselage joins, but this is a really nice kit.

Straight from the box with Indian markings instead of the really dull prototype ones.  The S37 Berkut is next on the list, and then I'll dig out the Fencer.
.... Hey ... what's up with some "in work" pictures ????

Deino   :D  

-
W.H.Auden (1945

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Deino on April 27, 2004, 11:49:16 AM
Hi ... I was just spinning my mind the last few minutes ... and this is my proposal for a "what-if" operational Mikoyan MFI MiG-39P !!! :wub:

Deino   :rolleyes: 
Hi Andreas, I love your proposal!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.