My Airforce scheme,ideas please....

Started by Army of One, August 22, 2010, 03:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Army of One

.....I am in the process of making my Airforce for a small Med island threatened by a larger neighbour south of it.....at the moment I am working on some Su 25's for the attack part of the Air Defence Force......I have thought of something similar to the desert scheme of WW2...maybe a pale blue underneath and a two or three tone brown/sand upper. I have thought of two tone brown/sand and a grey....? Can't decide really.....any ideas please..? To help....missions would be a hop over the sea to attack targets inland......

I will be asking Q's about the other aircraft I will be making (ha!! when I get time.....) and possible colour schemes.....many thanks in advance for any help...

The Revell Su 25 is made n undercoated awaiting paint......airbrush n compressor found n out the loft waiting......been practising as it is new to me...H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Army of One

Can anyone tell me if this is in the wrong thread/topic please? If it is then can an appropriate member move it please...?....many thanks...H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

philp

Lots of cool desert camos out there:
http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&rlz=1T4ADSA_enUS350US350&tbs=isch:1&&sa=X&ei=TQd0TO7sGIKcsQPlt9ipCA&ved=0CAcQvwUoAQ&q=aircraft+desert+camouflage&spell=1

One thing you may want to consider is the vegitation on your island.  Most camo is done to help hide the aircraft while on the ground.  Since it is hard to know where your assets will need to be used, a general camo is usually employed (which is mostly grey as that works well for most air environments).  The two options you mentioned both sound great to me, but I would probably lean towards the one with the green added.

Make sure you post some pics of your build in the Current and Finished projects section.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

KJ_Lesnick

You'd want an interceptor or some kind of air-superiority plane to deal with attack planes and bombers right?
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Army of One

KJ.....correct.......I have some of those.....most of the types in the air arm will be recently retired from service.....the Island will have got its a/c from various friendly air forces.....with only one or two exceptions.....more to be revealed soon.....hopefuly.... ;D.....H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!