Twee-Tween-Mustang P-821 (crazy Mustangs step 4)

Started by Tophe, August 29, 2010, 07:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

After my Crazy Mustangs Step 1 (http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,28245.0.html), step 2 (http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,28266.0.html), step 3 (http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,28415.0.html), here is the step 4: a twin-Mustang P-82 with a P-51 inside... (triplex fuselage, triplex tail, triplex propeller maybe intermeshing, asymmetric twin-seater). As I lack room, there will be no external wings (nor engine exhausts), this is not an airplane but a desk model.
Source : 1/72 Monogram F-82 + Matchbox P-51D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Slowly taking shape, but a lot of work remains...

Tophe

Tophe

I had a hard time truncating the belly scoop of the central P-51D, without exploding the fuselage... Now it is done, and I have put putty on. The sanding remains to operate, than it will be better.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ChernayaAkula

Oh yeah!  :wacko:

Are you going to add wings or keep it that way?

The last pic gives me an idea for a three-engined Mustang, which would probably look a bit like a P-38 Lightning.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Pablo1965

Brilliant! But...What is the finality (utility) of this plane. Tell more about it..

Tophe

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 14, 2010, 03:18:26 PM
Are you going to add wings or keep it that way?
Yes, that way, because I lack room on my shelves for wings and the silhouette matter is already created without true wings.

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 14, 2010, 03:18:26 PM
The last pic gives me an idea for a three-engined Mustang, which would probably look a bit like a P-38 Lightning.
:lol: Welcome! Great! For me, the crazy Mustangs' step 6 or 7 may also be another 3-engine or not, triplex-fuselage push-pull anyway

Quote from: Pablo1965 on September 14, 2010, 04:06:39 PM
But...What is the finality (utility) of this plane. Tell more about it..
This is not a plane to fly but a desk model to enjoy the crazy fool I am. The goal, as a Mustang family member is to compare inside a single plane the P-51D dimension with a P-82. Of course the USAF (or any other air force, or a racing billionaire) would not buy such a delirium! ;D (Maybe the propellers will not have room to rotate, I will see after sanding the P-51/wing junction)... :rolleyes: :blink: :party:

Pablo1965

Quote from: Pablo1965 on September 14, 2010, 04:06:39 PM
But...What is the finality (utility) of this plane. Tell more about it..
This is not a plane to fly but a desk model to enjoy the crazy fool I am. The goal, as a Mustang family member is to compare inside a single plane the P-51D dimension with a P-82. Of course the USAF (or any other air force, or a racing billionaire) would not buy such a delirium! ;D (Maybe the propellers will not have room to rotate, I will see after sanding the P-51/wing junction)... :rolleyes: :blink: :party:
[/quote]

I asked you, because is similar to a long distance record plane...Like the  ROUTAN.
Thanks for your answer.

Tophe

Ready to paint, and I will have also to adapt something to stand, like wheels or else.
Note the propellers are not intermeshing, by a short clearance margin.

Pablo1965

Quote from: Tophe on September 26, 2010, 04:21:09 AM
Ready to paint, and I will have also to adapt something to stand, like wheels or else.
Note the propellers are not intermeshing, by a short clearance margin.

This make me see de dimension of my own proyect and the proportionality of the structure.
Thank you very much. :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

Tophe

The first sky paint makes the P-51 and P-82 marry each others and give birth to a single plane...

Tophe