Focke-Wulf Fw 190A-10 is Finished thread!

Started by matrixone, August 30, 2010, 09:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Thanks Slerski!

Here is another pic that I took the other day...

Matrixone

Army of One

Awesome looking build and great work with the pics........H
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

matrixone

Thanks very much for the comments Army of One!

Matrixone

NARSES2

Quote from: matrixone on August 31, 2010, 10:16:10 AM
NARSES2,
I also like pic #4, its easy to age a b/w image but getting a color image to look like a 1940's era color photograph has eluded me until now, expect to see more of my pics 'aged' this way.

Well you have achieved it, I think it is fantastic.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 31, 2010, 02:47:21 AM
That 4th photo down is just awesome. Could be straight out of a book of long lost, newly discovered photographs from the time. Wouldn't be suprised if in 10 years time it ended up in a book as a "real aircraft"

Completely agree - I'd go so-far-as-to-say it's your best yet, certainly that #4 photo, just perfect. As ever I look forward to seeing your next project.... maybe something with two-engines next time  :wacko:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

Wow - that looks like you could stroll into the picture, put fuel in it and fly away!  :blink:

Awsome build and great photography - well done!  :thumbsup: :bow:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

matrixone

Thanks again NARSES2, and thanks to Ian and Weaver!

Ian,
No twin engined aircraft from me just yet... I  have to finish a few more Focke-Wulfs first. But I DO have an older Revell He 219 (the same kit Allan is working with right now) that I had built a few years ago that never was finished and might start work on it again.
Also a Ta 283 from the Huma kit might get built before years end...I give up on making plans for building models, I never stick to my plans!

Last night I opened up the boxes of some of the kits that were started but had lost interest in and found out I am missing some very important parts...for example the seat from my Amtech Ta 183 is gone! I can't find it and spent two hours looking for it in all the model boxes that I had taken the shrink wrap off of but no luck. :huh:

Matrixone

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Well you could build it as a 'dump' find.... Seat removed to stop over-enthusiastic allied pilots taking it for a joyride  :mellow:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

matrixone

Thats a great idea Ian!
What I decided to do is scrap my Ta 183 I built a few years back and steal the seat from that one and use it in my new build.
I will not destroy my older build (like I do when an old model no longer is fit to be in my collection) but instead will make it look like a downed aircraft that made a belly landing. My older Ta 183 will be seen in one or two of my Raiders of the Reich pics that I plan to take today. This will be the last time anybody will see that model intact.
The Amtech Ta 183 is a great kit and is one of my favorites the one thing I don't like about the kit is the main landing gear legs and wheels, the landing gear legs are too long and the mainwheels look bogus. What I will be doing on this model is cutting a section out of the main gear legs and glue them back together to shorten them and use some Fw 190 wheels from a Tamiya kit, by doing this the model should have the proper nose high ''sit'' like the Ta 183 would have had if they had been built. All wartime drawings of the Ta 183 show it to have this feature, Amtech got it all wrong.

Matrixone