Aeroclub

Started by kitbasher, September 04, 2010, 01:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 23, 2010, 12:43:05 PM
Does anyone know if there is a list anywhere showing which Aeroclub part nos. are which now that the web site is closed?

I have loads of the ejector seats but I haven't a clue which one is which any more, I used to just look them up on the site of course, but can't now.

I wrote a PM to John Adams when on the Britmodeller forum a couple of weeks ago asking the same thing Kit, I haven't had a reply from him.

Here's a website which carries quite a bit of his stuff though:

http://www.rollmodels.net/search/newsrch.php

And Rare-Plane Detective seems to have a lot of his stuff too:

http://rare-planedetective.com/aeroclub.htm
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Thanks for that Robert, I should have realised Roll Models would have that listing, I know the guy who runs it!  :banghead:

But I was carrying the answer around in my hand at Telford now I remember!

OGL, that Aeroclub list I gave you for our mutual contact, is there a chance you could copy it before you give it to him please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Does anyone know if there is a list anywhere showing which Aeroclub part nos. are which now that the web site is closed?

I have loads of the ejector seats but I haven't a clue which one is which any more, I used to just look them up on the site of course, but can't now.

Kit

The sad person that I am I keep lists of what I have in the stash on the pc (49 years working with numbers etc  :banghead:) These are the Aeroclub items I have. Hope it helps ?

Chris

EJ 001   WHITE METAL   MB 2 EJECTOR SEAT
EJ 002   WHITE METAL   MB 4b EJECTOR SEAT
EJ 003   WHITE METAL   MB 5 EJECTOR SEAT
EJ 004   WHITE METAL   MB 7 EJECTOR SEAT
EJ 007   WHITE METAL   MB 10 EJECTOR SEAT
EJ 008   WHITE METAL   MB 3 EJECTOR SEAT
EJ 016   WHITE METAL   MB 1 EJECTOR SEAT
EJ 027   WHITE METAL   MB 6SB EJECTOR SEAT
EJ 034   WHITE METAL   MB 12 EJECTOR SEAT
GO 09   WHITE METAL   LUFTWAFFE MG 15 (2)
GO 15   WHITE METAL   US 0.5 BROWNING FLEXIBLE MOUNT (2)
GO 18   WHITE METAL   US 0.3 BROWNING FLEXIBLE MOUNT (2)
GO 34   WHITE METAL   ITALIAN REVELLI FLEXIBLE MOUNT (2)
GO 35   WHITE METAL   RAF TWIN TURRET BROWNINGS (2)
V 003   WHITE METAL   ARRESTOR HOOKS (3)
V143   WHITE METAL   AN/APS6 RADAR POD
ABV066   WHITE METAL   SWIFT U/C & EJECTOR SEAT
ABW009   WHITE METAL   4 X 4 BLADE PROPS FOR BEVERLEY 1/144
ABP044   WHITE METAL   ROTOL 4 BLADE PROP & SPINNER (SPIT IX)
ABP034   WHITE METAL   ROTOL CONTRA ROTATING PROPS & SPINNERS
ABP064   WHITE METAL   SHAKLETON CONTRA PROPS (4)
ABP121   WHITE METAL   HAWKER SEA FURY PROP

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Chris,

The BUSINESS!!!!!

Thanks so much, that's really useful, specially as I learned this morning that OGL had already posted the Aeroclub catalogue to my buddy.

Perhaps I should add my input to your master list as I dig through the VAST amount of Aeroclub stuff that I have, some with their titles on amazingly.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 24, 2010, 08:12:26 AM
Chris,

The BUSINESS!!!!!

Thanks so much, that's really useful, specially as I learned this morning that OGL had already posted the Aeroclub catalogue to my buddy.

Perhaps I should add my input to your master list as I dig through the VAST amount of Aeroclub stuff that I have, some with their titles on amazingly.

Would it be possible to get a list too please guys ?

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 24, 2010, 08:12:26 AM
Chris,

The BUSINESS!!!!!

You could always ask Ian to copy the list and send it back in your direction Kit :)
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on November 24, 2010, 09:16:51 AM
You could always ask Ian to copy the list and send it back in your direction Kit :)

Worth a try, but I may have to talk Ian through running his scanner over the phone.  :blink:

Regards
Kit

van883

here you go:

Van

PR19_Kit

Isn't this place just great?  :thumbsup: :cheers:

Thank you Van, just the job. Now I know two of my 'mystery seats' (EJ 009) are Stencils, funny looking things they are too.

Regards
Kit

Weaver

I've just found a couple of Aeroclub white metal seats in a kit box and I'm fairly sure they don't belong to it. Can anybody ID them for me, or point me to a list of code numbers, please?

The seats are code F2J023

They look like pretty early seats, very squared off, with relatively narrow headrests, and the back frame extends above the shoulders, giving the impression of two square 'handles'.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

I don't recognise the code I'm afraid mate. All mine start EJ

Anyway in case it is EJ here's a list of some of them at least

http://www.joesmodels.com/AEROCLUB_72_EJECTION_SEATS.htm
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on March 16, 2016, 07:14:18 AM
I've just found a couple of Aeroclub white metal seats in a kit box and I'm fairly sure they don't belong to it. Can anybody ID them for me, or point me to a list of code numbers, please?

They look like pretty early seats, very squared off, with relatively narrow headrests, and the back frame extends above the shoulders, giving the impression of two square 'handles'.

Looking at the list Chris mentioned they look like they could be EJ023 seats, for a Grumman Panther, and that agrees with one of my lists too.

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 16, 2016, 08:32:48 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 16, 2016, 07:14:18 AM

Looking at the list Chris mentioned they look like they could be EJ023 seats, for a Grumman Panther, and that agrees with one of my lists too.

Think you've nailed it there Kit: they were in a Grumman Panther box and the 'F2' bit of the code could credibly be a badly written 'E'. Because I read it as 'F2J' I was assuming they were for some sort of Fury.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 16, 2016, 07:24:20 AM
I don't recognise the code I'm afraid mate. All mine start EJ

Anyway in case it is EJ here's a list of some of them at least

http://www.joesmodels.com/AEROCLUB_72_EJECTION_SEATS.htm

Yes, looking at the pics on that list, all the 'E's are written in the same way as what I took to be 'F2' on my bag, and the pic confirms them as EJ023 Panther ones.

Many thanks both of you!  :thumbsup:

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

All you need now is the Panther to go with the box and the bang seats.  ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit