Aeroclub

Started by kitbasher, September 04, 2010, 01:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Just booted up the pooter, checked e-mails and saw this in the Hannants 'The Hot News Sheet for September 3rd 2010':

Message. Aeroclub. It is now looking increasingly unlikely that any of the existing items will be produced again in the near future. However eht [sic] good news is there could be new releases from time to time. We are now treating Aeroclub as Finished and have moved all our available stock to Limited Availability. All items that are on Back Order in Temporarily Unavailable will be moved to Finished. All Back Orders will be cancelled as soon as possible. All paid for Free Back Order items will be refunded as soon as possible.

Not surprising I guess given the sad news about Peter Wright back in March, and that the Aeroclub website has been shut down ever since.  I guess we should all sit tight and wait and see what will actually happen.  Fingers crossed that there's still the chance of new releases; if not it's sad day if it marks the end of this fantastic company.

;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitnut617

John Adams frequents Britmodeller regularly, I asked him when his website would be back up and running and he told me that it won't be in the near future.  He's having the whole website updated because he has stated that he won't run nearly 80% of the various manufacturers they had been running.  He also said he is evaluating all his own products to see which sells the best/worst, then either drop some of the items or keep them going plus introducing some new stuff along the way.

Considering that John (in his own words) is 67 (68?) I would be surprised if he keeps the business going for much longer, and as you say KB, it would be a sad day when he does close up for good.  But I can see he would probably find a buyer though so even though new stuff wouldn't be forthcoming, all his original stuff would still be available.

If you need anything from Aeroclub, John has said you can contact him through the Britmodeller forum, his user ID is John Aero.

Robert
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kitbasher

Encouraging news (I hope!), and thanks for the Britmodeller tip.  Wonder if Aeroclub will be at Telford in November?
;D ;D
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

Quote from: kitbasher on September 04, 2010, 09:32:08 AM
Encouraging news (I hope!), and thanks for the Britmodeller tip.  Wonder if Aeroclub will be at Telford in November?
;D ;D

John has had a stand at a few shows since Peter Wrights untimly death. Im wondering if John is down sizing the operation to suit his own needs. Ie a part time operation rather than the current full time.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

Hope the stand is at Telford I need a couple of things and he didn't have them at Perth. Plus there are always a couple of other nice attractions on the stand at Telford  :wacko: :rolleyes: :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 05, 2010, 01:56:31 AM
Hope the stand is at Telford I need a couple of things and he didn't have them at Perth. Plus there are always a couple of other nice attractions on the stand at Telford  :wacko: :rolleyes: :wub:

Just make sure you keep your hands to your self lol
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

I do hope John keeps his own Aeroclub stuff in production, or at least sells the business to someone who will carry on. He makes stuff no-one even comes near doing, and the vast range of such things is what makes Aeroclub what it is.

I was privilaged to be in at the very start of what was to become Aeroclub, as I was a member of the then IPMS Trent in the early 70s, and this guy showed up at a branch meeting with some white metal 1/72 ejector seats. The detail level was MIND-BOGGLING, and we only then noticed that he'd made 4-5 different Marks of seat!  :bow: :bow:

He asked us if we thought there'd be a market for them......  <_<
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

It would be a great shame to loose Aeroclub, as I have used a fair few of their propellers on my models, and NO ONE comes close to what Aeroclub do. At the end of the day though the owner has to think of his own health and well being, and that should come first.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

He's going ebay.  I got some Shackleton decals on sunday and they arrived yesterday.  That's pretty good service.  Hopefully, he'll do well.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

rickshaw

What is the username on ebay?
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Thanks Lee, good to know.
;D ;D

rickshaw

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 10, 2010, 12:50:28 AM
Aeroclubmodels

Thanks.  Doesn't seem to be selling anything at the moment but I've added it to my "watched sellers" list.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Gondor

Quote from: rickshaw on September 11, 2010, 08:51:42 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 10, 2010, 12:50:28 AM
Aeroclubmodels

Thanks.  Doesn't seem to be selling anything at the moment but I've added it to my "watched sellers" list.

ditto

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Does anyone know if there is a list anywhere showing which Aeroclub part nos. are which now that the web site is closed?

I have loads of the ejector seats but I haven't a clue which one is which any more, I used to just look them up on the site of course, but can't now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit