The Decline of Hannants of Colindale

Started by Nick, September 04, 2010, 01:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

entlim

Then you'll be in for a pleasant surprise, as it's totally jammed to the roof with stuff...........
You have hitted me with a black box- I'm not playing this game!.........

NARSES2

Well going on the reccomendations here I'll probably go next week then, depending on the weather
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: entlim on September 06, 2010, 03:31:33 AM
Then you'll be in for a pleasant surprise, as it's totally jammed to the roof with stuff...........
Be warned - if its Airfix your after you could be disapppointed.  Stock is rather behind the drag curve due to rep problems apparently.  Their usual one left Airfix and doens't seem to have been replaced, otherwise good stock.  And you're kind of right to consider it an aviation bookshop with models - it caters for all aspects of aviation hobbying, not just modelling.  Clue in the name, I guess!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

TsrJoe

my biggest gripe with mail order (and not with just the company discussed here) is when purchasing decals you cant tell if the ones your recieving are in perfect register, grrrr !  :banghead:
maybe they send out the crappy ones mail and keep the good ones for the store ?  :blink:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on September 07, 2010, 05:02:13 AM
Quote from: entlim on September 06, 2010, 03:31:33 AM
Be warned - if its Airfix your after you could be disapppointed.  Stock is rather behind the drag curve due to rep problems apparently.  Their usual one left Airfix and doens't seem to have been replaced, otherwise good stock.  

May explain the lack of Spit I's around my way, mind you the local dept store is a Hornby Franchise  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Army of One

Chris........I am more than likely poppin into MZ in Crawley tomorrow am......u want me to see if theygot any airfix spitsin....? Be a good excuse to go...... Might get a revell mirage F1......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

lancer

No Spits at any shop in my area at all, so I might wait for the Farnborough show and try and acquire some there
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Army of One

BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Tojo633

Quote from: TsrJoe on September 07, 2010, 05:15:30 AM
my biggest gripe with mail order (and not with just the company discussed here) is when purchasing decals you cant tell if the ones your recieving are in perfect register, grrrr !  :banghead:
maybe they send out the crappy ones mail and keep the good ones for the store ?  :blink:
Joe
How many times have I told you "Sale of goods and sevices act" or whatever its called now, if decals are not acceptable you are entitled to a replacement or refund. If not a few choice comments elsewhere on this site on the traders in particular.
cheers
Sandy

NARSES2

Quote from: Army of One on September 07, 2010, 08:41:52 AM
Chris........I am more than likely poppin into MZ in Crawley tomorrow am......u want me to see if theygot any airfix spitsin....? Be a good excuse to go...... Might get a revell mirage F1......

No thanks mate, managed to get a couple via Thorvic all the way from The Bolton Modelmart  :bow:

NARSES2

Quote from: lancer on September 07, 2010, 09:34:54 AM
No Spits at any shop in my area at all, so I might wait for the Farnborough show and try and acquire some there

I tell you it's a conspiracy against us good folks from the South ...where was most of the flipping Battle of Britain fought for  ****'s sake  :banghead:

tigercat

I miss the Harrow Model Shop you don't seem to get as many generalist doing something of everything anymore. You could get buildings and plastruct and plastic sheet and bits for ships and pretty much something for everything I think it's the crossover of stuff for railway modellers for general modelling

NARSES2

Must admit my local MZ (Croydon) has started stocking plastruc and plastic sheet in various shapes & sizes together with brass & alloy rods,tubes & sections. Got a nice stock, well done them  :thumbsup:

Army of One

Hope Crawley MZ follows suit......I do have Hobbycraft to fall back on though as thay usually have a fair stock of the stuff....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

NARSES2

We've just had a Hobbycraft open in Croydon, not been yet though