HMS Ark Royal VI

Started by Weasel, September 04, 2010, 10:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Yep, thats better! :thumbsup:  The extra detail looks very good.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Cliffy B

Just a slight criticism of a ridiculously awesome idea/model.  If you're going for the whole "low radar cross-section" idea then those three circular tubs behind the island need to be turned into octagons or something of the like.  On a radar display those tubs would wind up giving you away and defeat the purpose of making the entire rest of the ship geometric.  The rule for low RCS design is nothing circular and no right (90 degree) angles.  Other than that small detail I think this carrier is AWESOME!!!  Have you decided on an air wing and their camo yet?
"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."
-Tom Clancy

"Radial's Growl, Inline's Purr, Jet's Suck!"
-Anonymous

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."
-Anonymous

Weasel

Ahh, good comment on the anti air tubs behind the tower. These will be made octagonal when I fill in the detail for the tower probably with sculpting putty.

In terms of the air wing, it is going to be mostly british fighters with a mix of VF - 0's converted from some trumpeter F14's (not looking forward to the conversion! - Fiddly). Haven't really thought about camo yet, need to look into it so any ideas most appreciated!

Thanks again for the positive comments.

Silverfox

Bumpage - did anymore come of this, since I was extremely interested in the results!

pyro-manic

I've known Weasel for a long time. He's currently in the middle of doing his PhD, so chances are he's very busy and hasn't had time to update this. He'll carry on when he's ale to, I'm sure. :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Weasel

Good spot Pyro, I am indeed very busy at the mo.

However, there has been some progress and there will be more over the next few weeks so I will try and update soon.

Weasel