P-824 or 823 Twin-Tailsittang (Crazy Mustangs step 5)

Started by Tophe, September 05, 2010, 04:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman

Tophe... you are nuts :)

and brilliant

if i may suggest an alternative way of constructing your craziness?

linking the tails adds some rigidity and the diagonal wings mean more surface area or if it takes your fancy more room for offensive weapons :wacko: ...
With regards to the overlapping props I would suggest simply offsetting the horizontal pair forwards or backwards by a foot or so.
secretprojects forum migrant

Tophe

Funny idea, thanks Caveman! :thumbsup:
Seriously, I forgot to say that the P-824 view was made from the 3-view at http://www.aviastar.org/air/usa/na_twinmustang.php
And here is the result of the first gluing:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

With actual parts glued together, truncated and all, the drawing project is changing a little.
Here it is now, tomporarily with tape, not glue yet. I will show on a drawing the principle.

Slerski

Me like the look of the plane :)

Ahem... More seriously... I know you're love assymetrics plane, but I suggest (with my poor education level in mechs and aerodynamics) to you to have the same length for the wing part...

And why not liking the tails by stabs to be something like this (in the front view) =>
« Le MAGIC, c'est fantastique !! » [Sgt Vincent D., FAF armourer]

« Un Pétaf qui s'ennuie est un Pétaf dangereux... »

Tophe

Wow, I am not skillfull enough to scratchbuild an annular tail... sorry (and congratulations for the idea).
Well, I have given up the idea of adapting the upper part of the wing (of one half-P-82) with the lower part of the wing (for the next half-P-82). Too difficult for me (and it could not fly but I don't care for a desk model). So... two of the elements will have their canopies on the same side, while the third will make a different layout, in an asymmetric position. So this third could be without canopy (putty is already on) and with a not truncated central wing (I can still change my mind). The overall symmetry is lost, all right, but this I can do, I think.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on September 11, 2010, 09:35:00 AM
The overall symmetry is lost, all right, but this I can do, I think.

Tophe,

Symmetry? I didn't think you 'did symmetry' at all...........  -_- ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

The original P-823 was symmetric all right but completely crazy (enough...). The idea in level flight to have at least one pilot with legs above the head was a good piece of delirium. But the main point is that my models are not for contest, to take into the hand and turn in every direction, their goal is to be pleasant for me on a shelf, or on a single picture. So the 2 canopies on the same side, that someone may see all at once, are better than a surprising (difficult to understand) belly scoop above on the second fuselage, while the third is somewhere behind. I show below a picture of the intended aspect, but the tapes run loose and it does not stand well, sorry. (I have seen yesterday a film, "Little Miss Sunshine", where the daddy-hero said "never say 'sorry', only loosers say that"... so I confirm: I am sorry...) ;D

Tophe

No more tape but glue, with the beginning of putty & sanding, standing solidly now:

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Tophe

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Pablo1965

I think those unions are authentic sculptures, or I feel in that way.
This is a american simbol like Cocacola working to be a strong expression.
You would be near to the art.
Think in this figures in 1:1 escale in a park or square of your city.
Thanks for the concept.
Hey! Why you don't make a diorama with the people visit that place?

Tophe

:lol: Funny idea, Pablo, thanks! Probably I will not create this diorama but you help me greatly understanding (and even appreciating) my own craziness... :blink: ;D

Pablo1965

Craziness.... everybody need a little bit of your craziness  :blink: and some people one or two tons.
thanks

Tophe