Pegasus Space Ark finished

Started by frank2056, September 07, 2010, 02:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank2056

I built the Pegasus Space Ark from "When Worlds Collide" straight out of the box. It went together well, with no major problems. The kit does have a huge flaw - it's not 1/350 scale as listed on the box, but somewhere around 1/450.

I'll probably redo it as a space cargo ship, rescaled to 1/350 with some aftermarket cranes, trucks and figures.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Cobra

Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: if you Build Another One,howabout Adding some Red Stars to it and Say it's a Soviet Space Ark Built @ the Same Time as the first One? Dan

frank2056

Quote from: Cobra on September 07, 2010, 04:08:16 PM
Awesome Job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: if you Build Another One,howabout Adding some Red Stars to it and Say it's a Soviet Space Ark Built @ the Same Time as the first One? Dan

I would add wing fences, to really make it Soviet. The only problem is that in the correct 1/350 scale, it would be smaller than the American ship. Maybe I can rescale it to 1/700....
Or I'll make a What-if and make it so that the scientists made a small error in their calculations and the Earth wasn't destroyed. Lots of property damage, etc. but still in one piece with all these massive rocketships in place, with nowhere to go.

frank2056

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on September 07, 2010, 03:23:28 PM
That is seamless!! Nice work! :thumbsup:

The kit goes together like a snap kit - you could put it together without glue and even then the seams would be almost invisible. I needed some putty along the fuselage seam in a couple of spots, especially along one side of the fuselage spine. The wings also needed some putty as well as the two lower "fuel tanks" or whatever they are.

philp

Have you seen this?

Also lots of talk about the scale here.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Joe C-P

It amazed me how much wasted space there was inside that ship in the film!  :rolleyes:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Doc Yo

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

noxioux

She's a stunner, for sure.

This one's on my to-do list.  Sure would be fun to try it out with that photoetch set, though. . .

Great build, man :thumbsup: